Oakland CA Flight times

smoothdancer

Hi all,

We will be cruising on Celebrity, docking in San Francisco.

I was thinking of booking our flight home leaving from Oakland at 11:30 AM

Is anyone fimiliar with the SF peir, and how long it will take us to get to the Oakland Airport... Will I be cutting this to short? My only other option would get us home after midnight, and then have to go to work in the AM

When I went on my Alaska cruise last May from San Francisco, :) we didn't get out of the pier until 10:30am by the time we got our luggage and everything. :) :confused: That may have been because someone was picking us up.:rolleyes: If you can tell the purser you have an easly flight, you can probably make it if you aren't delayed.:cool:

Delores

IMO this is to early. I fly into Oakland every other month and take a cab into the city to the Financial District. It takes from 40 minutes to over 1 hour depending on the traffic across the Bay Bridge. Getting from the port to Oakland will add an additional 5-10 minutes. You are usually fairly safe arriving for your flight 1 hour or more prior to departure.With the above in mind you will need at least a 2 hour window from leaving the ship. This means you would have to get off the ship absolutely no later then 9:30 AM to make your 11:30 AM flight.

The majority of the time your ship will clear by 9:30 AM with priority tags but I have had experiences that I am not comfortable being nervous and worrying whether I was going to make the flight or not. This is not the way that I would want to end a vacation.

Steve Hayes

Hi all,

We will be cruising on Celebrity, docking in San Francisco.

I was thinking of booking our flight home leaving from Oakland at 11:30 AM

Is anyone fimiliar with the SF peir, and how long it will take us to get to the Oakland Airport... Will I be cutting this to short? My only other option would get us home after midnight, and then have to go to work in the AM

Janet,

I know going to work the next day will be rough, but at least you would be all but guaranteed making your flight. Even if I had restricted tickets if I got to the airport early and they had seats available on the earlier flight I would probably beg, boorow and steal <g> to try and get on the earlier flight.

Steve Hayes

Archived