2 questions :)

jessica3306

I like the Spirit class ships the best. Miracle, Legend, Spirit, Pride. But let's not split hairs. The only bad ship is the one you're not on.

There is a first timers board. Here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

And here is the link to the index of all the boards. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/

What is the "best" ship to go on??

What makes a ship "best?"

Biggest? Newest? Best itinerary? Most elegant? Cheapest? Nicest Weather?

My first cruise was on the Carnival Spirit. Second the Victory. Third the NCL Jewel.

I've come to decide that the "Best" ship is the one I'm lucky enough to be on. I've been in hurricanes, Nor-easterners and beautiful weather, and I've never had a bad cruise.

There is also a section on the main Cruise Critic page for first time cruisers that I found very helpful. Just go to the top of the page under "Planning" and it's in the drop-down menu. We're leaving on our first time in 17 days!! :D

"Best" is tough....'ya know different strokes for different folks, and all ;).

We prefer the Spirit class as well. We have cruised on the Pride and the Legend and have the Spirit booked next :D. We like the size and layout - and I really prefer the flat decks around the forward pool versus the stadium levels.

Feel free to ask your "first timer" questions here. Lots of great information shared from first hand experience. Just remember...all anyone can share is their experience...from their perspective. Alot of it you have to take with a grain of salt.

The best ship is the one that best fits YOUR needs. Things to consider include: Itinerary, number of days, budget, departure port, where you are, etc.

What works for me may not work for you. My preference if its just me and my family will be a ship out of Galveston (maybe Houston when it gets going) so I think the best ships at this time are the Ecstasy and the Conquest. If I'm going with the Parrotheads, it really doesn't matter where they are sailing from or what ship or what ports it will visit.

Welcome to CC. Don't know about best. Not sure how anyone could. I have only been on the Holiday and Fantasy. Have had great times on both. You can feel free to ask questions here, but be prepared for some off the wall answers. Most members will be more than helpful, unfortunetly some feel it is necessary to slam anyone that ask a question. Just ignore them.

What is the "best" ship to go on??
There are a lot of variables here. But my favorite class (I've been on five classes of Carnival ships) is the Spirit class (Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle). They look like this ...

Pride-OH.jpg

Was wondering if you feel the movement as much on the bigger ships, I went on my first cruise in Dec on the Sensation, and felt the rocking quite a bit, didn't bother me as much as my husband....and I so want to go on another cruise, but I have to convince my husband that if we go on a bigger ship you wont feel it as much!! TIA

My first cruise was on the Inspiration and I loved it.

My second cruise was on the Legend and it was even better.

I would go on either ship again...in fact I'm going on the Legend again in less than a month!

My mom and I just helped my brother book a cruise. We told him he should go on 5 days or longer because unless you live close to the port and consider it a weekend getaway, 3 or 4 days just isn't long enough.

I love the Spirit class. The Legend was easy to get around, not too small and not too big, decorated nicely and has 7 day cruises out of Tampa. Tampa is super easy for embarkation too.

it ll depend on your priorities..mine is usually based on iteniary

and the best price getting there..

CCL has many ships departing to your desired destinations as

well a pricing..this is true with other cruiselines as well..resulting

in a huge choice..

explore the inteniaries and ship s to give you an idea which would

best fit your needs..

Was wondering if you feel the movement as much on the bigger ships, I went on my first cruise in Dec on the Sensation, and felt the rocking quite a bit, didn't bother me as much as my husband....and I so want to go on another cruise, but I have to convince my husband that if we go on a bigger ship you wont feel it as much!! TIA

This is not an easy question to answer. First of all, ship movement is dependent on the sea conditions. With twenty foot waves hitting the ship, any ship is going to move. So the first issue is, what are the sea conditions.

However, the more of the ship below the surface the steadier it is (submarines do not feel the surface motion while submerged). So a 70,000 GRT ship with a 30 foot draft (the amount of the ship under water) will move less than a 90,000 GRT ship with only a 20 foot draft.

Another factor is direction in relation to the waves. A ship hitting a wave bow first will move less than a ship getting hit broadside.

Another factor is speed. Ships moving slowly will move less than ships moving fast.

Hull design is another factor. Some hull designs are more stable than others.

However, if all things are equal, a big ship moves less than a small one.

We really felt the boat moving on the Paradise. The weather was calm and beautiful but you could feel it walking down the hall and at night, I would have to make myself not think about it. No trouble on the Conquest and we even had a storm go through and felt some but not enough to make any of us sick.

Archived