the upgrade ferry visited me

tiffytutu99

So, is an upgrade from balcony to penthouse suite for $550 incl a bottle of champagne and 2 photo credits a good deal? It seemed like it! So I took it! We cruise in a few days on the Freedom 8 days. We only had minutes to decide and my hubby doesn't do well with making split second spending decisions... but, I think he'll live, fortunately. ;)

Do you think its worth it? So far the difference is VIP check in (I didn't experience a long line our first cruise), a whirlpool tub, walk in closet, queen size pull out sofa bed, a big balcony w/ lounge chairs, double vanitie. Oh and... a bidet (woo-hoo)... It'll be interesting to see if this works out for us or not. I think we tend to spend more time out in the public areas so I'm not sure if this was a wise decision but for the price, why not give it a go?

sorry, i think i didn't make myself clear... he had the final decision, although i'm not sure HE WAS SURE about his decision. its still sinking in with us, if this will be worth it or not. its not that we don't have the money its did we spend the money on the right thing, ya know?

So, is an upgrade from balcony to penthouse suite for $550 incl a bottle of champagne and 2 photo credits a good deal? It seemed like it! So I took it! We cruise in a few days on the Freedom 8 days. We only had minutes to decide and my hubby doesn't do well with making split second spending decisions... but, I think he'll live, fortunately. ;)

Do you think its worth it? So far the difference is VIP check in (I didn't experience a long line our first cruise), a whirlpool tub, walk in closet, queen size pull out sofa bed, a big balcony w/ lounge chairs, double vanitie. Oh and... a bidet (woo-hoo)... It'll be interesting to see if this works out for us or not. I think we tend to spend more time out in the public areas so I'm not sure if this was a wise decision but for the price, why not give it a go?

Seems to good to be true...I'd be sure to follow up and make sure its on your edocuments right away!

To me, an "upgrade" is free. If they offer you a better cabin and ask you to pay for it, it's an "upsell".

I'd take an upgrade......an upsell, probably not. I buy the cabin I want and am usually very happy with it......

Ohh no don't ask that question!! Only you knows if it's a good deal to you or not. If you are happy with it and you enjoy it then it's worth it. Can you make sure you come back here and let us know how the cruise went and how you feel about the upgrade when you return? :) Enjoy the cruise.

LOL! I didn't ask, hubby was in background hemming and hawing (sp?) and I think the poor lady just wanted to close the deal.... :o

Your wife is going to be THRILLED!!!

After we booked, she mentioned a few times "maybe we should have went with a balcony", all I could do is chuckle inside. I'm going to get some major brownie points for this one.

Does Carnival call you directly or call your TA (I booked with an on line agency)? Can people call Carnival directly and initiate the discussion and if so is it a special department? This is our first time on Carnival. We are about 65 days away. Lots of empty cabins so far-including at the higher cats above our balcony guar.

Thanks

FYI... I know how to spell "fairy" I was just in the heat of the moment, ya know, :D:rolleyes: and accidentally wrote ferry... does anyone know if I can edit that?

Yeah I'd be typoing ( is that even a word:rolleyes:) if the upsell ferry or fairy had called me..darn her...where is she when ya want one??..Anyway..I know you can edit your message so there must be a way to edit the title..I'd go back to you original post and hit the edit button in the lower right hand corner and see if that works...good luck and enjoy your cabin and cruise..

You got a better deal than we did. We had booked a balcony guarantee and got upgraded to a balcony on the Lido deck. When the Carnival rep called us a couple of weeks ago, he offered us a Category 11 suite for $600.00 more. We took it, but was not offered the champagne or photo credits.:mad: The offered suite put us only a few doors down from our traveling companions though, so we're still happy.:D We sail on the Freedom Jan 11th.

Still sounds to good to be true. Check your documents...I talked to my Carnival PVP and he was shocked with the offer you were given. If it works out good for you!:D

When the FAIRY called me, I took the deal :) The DW thinks we are going to be in an inside cabin, but we have a suite. Can't wait to see her face :) I should have asked for the Champagne and photo credits :)

I was under the impression the Champagne & photo credits are only for the Penthouse Suites, not the regular Suites.

FYI... I know how to spell "fairy" I was just in the heat of the moment, ya know, :D:rolleyes: and accidentally wrote ferry... does anyone know if I can edit that?

The edit button only works for about thwe 1st 10 minutes after you make the post. Don't think you can make any changes after that time.

Tiffany, don't give it a thought. Spelling is all over the place on these boards anyway. And I know that when I get all excited and then try to share I can't type or spell worth squat! Very natural and normal.

Congrats on the upsell. You're going to be very spoiled! :D

A couple years ago we were given a really sweet upgrade from an inside cabin to a penthouse suite at no extra cost. We didn't know this until we boarded the ship and went to our cabin. They gave us the room number but we didnt know it was a penthouse. I would have loved to see the expression on my face when we opened the door.

I'm not clear about upsells- do they offer very low rates for the upgrade? Some of the prices mentioned seem rather a lot to me, but I haven't checked out what some of these things would cost if you just called and bought them.

Archived