Majesty Review with Pictures - 4 Night Bahamas, 12/15/08

Awesome review!! My husband and I feel the same way about shorter cruises. We did our first three day cruise this summer( because of his family). We also due 7 day cruises. We felt the short cruise was too expensive and not worth the money and time. By the time you fly to the port and then get transporation to the port and back home, that's almost a day in itself!!

Awesome review!! My husband and I feel the same way about shorter cruises. We did our first three day cruise this summer( because of his family). We also due 7 day cruises. We felt the short cruise was too expensive and not worth the money and time. By the time you fly to the port and then get transporation to the port and back home, that's almost a day in itself!!

Unfortunately, at this point we could either have done the short cruise or probably no cruise for several years. I'm in graduate school right now, and he's starting medical school next fall. This was the only time we knew we'd have time to take a vacation, and there was no way at all we could afford a longer cruise. We considered making this a B2B, but the price of the 3-night was so much more than the 4-night that it would have been too expensive also. So, given all of that, it was still worth it to take the short cruise and get away from the cold and stress of work for a little while.

Happy Anniversary!

Great review, I love having the pictures posted, more of a story book edition, makes it real easy to follow along, next best thing to being there!

Thanks! I really enjoyed reading some Majesty reviews before we sailed, especially the ones with pictures (ebandive did such a great job with hers!), so I wanted to do something similar. :)

Thanks! I didn't do a long review, because I hadn't yet found Cruise Critic. I did take a million pictures, which you can see here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/allison_beck/collections/72157603544002936/

For some reason I didn't annotate the flickr version of those, so these should work for my facebook version:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2147497&l=6ac1d&id=9202513

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2147500&l=c7ffb&id=9202513

thanks again

Great review MarinerBride!

We went on this cruise in July 08 and really enjoyed it. Majesty is a great (if older) ship!

We were thinking about going again this year and maybe we will fly into FLL instead of Miami and try out SAS. FLL is cheaper than Miami, but I wasn't sure of a good shuttle to get us to Miami.

Great review MarinerBride!

We went on this cruise in July 08 and really enjoyed it. Majesty is a great (if older) ship!

We were thinking about going again this year and maybe we will fly into FLL instead of Miami and try out SAS. FLL is cheaper than Miami, but I wasn't sure of a good shuttle to get us to Miami.

Thanks! Majesty was a lot smaller than we're used to, but we very much enjoyed the ship. I tried to do a lot of research on shuttles to Miami, and SAS had by far the best prices and positive reviews from CC members. For the cost, it can't be beat.

However - I will mention that there were TONS of transportation options once we got off the ship. It was almost annoying how many shuttle companies tried to get us to ride their shuttle and how many other passengers wanted to share cabs with us.

Great Review, thanks for posting all the pics! I see you went to the spa and enjoyed it!! Did you find that the prices were outrageous? It sounds like you had a very nice package :)

I haven't spent too much time in spas outside of the ship, so I'm not entirely sure how outrageous the costs were. I've had a pedicure onboard before, and it was about twice the cost of a typical pedicure. We paid $119 for my spa package, which was the Ladies' Special and included a facial and a 50 minute massage. I didn't think that this was too horrible.

I haven't spent too much time in spas outside of the ship, so I'm not entirely sure how outrageous the costs were. I've had a pedicure onboard before, and it was about twice the cost of a typical pedicure. We paid $119 for my spa package, which was the Ladies' Special and included a facial and a 50 minute massage. I didn't think that this was too horrible.

That price doesn't sound too bad. It sounds typical to what I have seen. But then again, I don't go to the spa often. Thanks for the info!

• 11 months later...

Archived