Sailing out of New Orleans/ Help

kingmankruiser

Need hotels that have shuttles from airport and then to cruise ship, is that possible

Then need advice on tourist type stuff for old people. We're seniors and have never been to New Orleans. We'd like to spend two days before we sail to Boston

This website should help you get started in a very charming city.;)

www.neworleans.com

i dont think any of them have shuttles from the airport but there is a super shuttle type thing.

i am pretty sure this is the company i used to get FROM my hotel to the airport..( i took amtrak from chicago to NOLA and flew out)

http://www.airportshuttleneworleans.com/services-rates.html

cab fare from most of the downtown hotels to the pier shouldn't be much. i would stay downtown....i stayed at the Marriott and then across the street at the JW Marriott (which was much nicer an dhad much better service)

lots to do....if you will be there in spring/summer it gets VERY hot and humid so carry water with you....and (not meant as an insult) but watch your step....some of the sidewalks can be wobbly and there may be a few holes here and there!

there is a little mall right by the cruise pier, the streetcar is interesting..you have to get beignets and cafe au lait (donuts and strong coffee with hot milk in it...YUMMMMMM) at least once at the cafe du monde (either in the french quarter or in the little mall i mentioned)

lots of places to stay, GREAT eats....and plenty to do!

have fun!

Archived