Veendam 05/17/09 Harv & Marv Juneau excursion

bearsmom24

My hubby and I are booked on the Veendam to Alaska on 05/17/09. I have read a bunch of posts regarding shore excursions and noticed that Harv & Marv's Whale Watching tours in Juneau come very highly recommended. I went to Harvandmarvs.com and found that their tours accomodate up to 6 people. Since we are a party of 2, are there any others that are interested in booking this independent excursion with us?

Hi Bears Mom,

If you can't find anyone to go with you, tell Eileen at H&M and she will keep her eyes (and ears!) peeled for any requests for reservations for the same day, and she may be able to fill your boat with 4 additional people. She is wonderful, so helpful and knowledgeable! Please tell her Lynda from Pennsylvania said "Hey"! And enjoy your excursion - it is by far the BEST one we've taken in Alaska....so far (we're headed back in 2010!). it gets in your blood - gorgeous place! Enjoy!;)

Hi, bearsmom. I see you're new here; welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may want to find your way over to the Roll-Call forum and join in the conversation over there. It will be those who are booked on your cruise, and you might find someone who wants to share the tour with you.

Have a great time in The Great Land.

My friends and I did the Harv and Marv whale watching last May. We had an amazing time! The weather was beautiful, we saw A LOT of whales (the 3 of us are all from coastal areas, so just seeing whales isn't a big deal....but the whole thing was great!). The boat is much smaller than the double decker ones that go out (other tour companies). We had the captain, a grandpa and his 2 grandkids (they spent pretty much all of their time in the cabin) and the 3 of us (we spent all of our time outside). I really can't recomment it highly enough. It was by far the best excursion of the cruise!

Hi Alll,

Thanks for all of your replies! I did check out the Roll Calls and found only 1 cruiser post on my trip, so hopefully that will increase the closer it gets.

Allentownahoy, I will be in Juneau on May 20. So close! :)

Bearsmom, we will be in Juneau same day as you. We are on the Westerdam and will be in Juneau on May 20. That is a tour we were looking at also. We have 4 in our party and were hoping to find 2 more people. We are definitely interested. This would be perfect!

You can email me at legalslaveatnebdotrrdotcom I hope you can figure out I don't put in the symbols in my email address on the message boards. The word at should be replaced with @ and the word dot replaced with .

Diane

Archived