Is Costa Cruise line kid-friendly?

444cruiser

We took 2 Costa cruises with our sons who were 11 and 10. Both were Caribbean cruises and I can honestly say that they had a great time! In fact, when we got off the Mediterranea, we immediately (In the car on the way back to SC) cancelled our upcoming Carnival cruise and rebooked with Costa on the Fortuna!

There were a lot of children on board. It's not a stogey, old person line. There were MANY, MANY European and South American families on board. My boys made friends with kids from all over the world. The kids staff was from Italy and they played all sorts of silly games that my kids had never even heard of. They loved it!

My kids are adventurous eaters, so dining was never a problem. Costa has burgers, pasta, chicken fingers, fries, pizza, etc. if yours are picky. You won't go hungry.

Let me know if you have more specific questions...

I'm just wondering why I haven't heard too much about them. Seems like they are price-wise on par w/ RCI and Carnival and the ships look beautiful. It's hard to find many recent reviews on the Atlantica.

Costa is primarily a European line. There are only 2 Costa ships deployed to the US for part of the year each "caribbean" season. So, there is not alot of buzz, or info out there about them.

BUT--like abituradog, we too have cruised Costa twice with the kids and had a great time. Costa is an offshot of Carnival, and their newer ships are EXACTLY the same as some of the Carnival ships. Built from the same floorplan/deckplans.

We also love the frequently-offered "KIDS SAIL FREE" deals that Costa offers. It's hard to beat their price.

CeleBrat

A few years ago we took a 14/15 yo on the Magica. It was during Spring Break, so let me just tell you, I dont think I have ever seen that many kids in my life. I was on Carnival too one year and there wasnt even that many kids. I didnt realize until about a week before that it was Spring Break.. We had a great time and so did our daughter but we might have choose a different week for our cruise just because it was a little crowded. Kids were nice, and they had teen discos and stuff. The programs were really nice and the kids were always doing fun stuff. Hope this helps.

We took 2 Costa cruises with our sons who were 11 and 10. Both were Caribbean cruises and I can honestly say that they had a great time! In fact, when we got off the Mediterranea, we immediately (In the car on the way back to SC) cancelled our upcoming Carnival cruise and rebooked with Costa on the Fortuna!

There were a lot of children on board. It's not a stogey, old person line. There were MANY, MANY European and South American families on board. My boys made friends with kids from all over the world. The kids staff was from Italy and they played all sorts of silly games that my kids had never even heard of. They loved it!

My kids are adventurous eaters, so dining was never a problem. Costa has burgers, pasta, chicken fingers, fries, pizza, etc. if yours are picky. You won't go hungry.

Let me know if you have more specific questions...

this sound like fun, I may have to book this trip next time.

Archived