Long Beach & Carnival

game misconduct

I've never stayed at this hotel, but ppl have written in that they enjoyed their stay. You might want to try to search under Coastal..it's been working for me lately;)

That said, I stayed @ the Crowne Plaza in SP, for our Pride cruise. It was a nice hotel, in a great neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The CP also offers complimentary shuttle service to the port and shopping /restaurants too far to walk to.

I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves wherever you stay:)

Hi, Does the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro have complimentary shuttle service to the Carnival Port in Longt Beach?

What is the best way to get from LAX to the Crowne Plaza--best meaning a good combination of convenience and cost?

Thanks,

Gale

I've never stayed at this hotel, but ppl have written in that they enjoyed their stay. You might want to try to search under Coastal..it's been working for me lately;)

That said, I stayed @ the Crowne Plaza in SP, for our Pride cruise. It was a nice hotel, in a great neighborhood with lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. The CP also offers complimentary shuttle service to the port and shopping /restaurants too far to walk to.

We have stayed at the Coast 3 times, it's a very good hotel in a great location, you can actually walk down to the Carnival pier (without luggage of course). We do the parking package which includes parking, breakfast, and shuttle. The hotel is under renovation right now and will be completed in July, but also will have a new name, it won't be the Coast Long Beach Hotel anymore.

It is suppose to be a really nice hotel. We stayed at the QM though.

You can stay at the Coast and do early check in at the QM. You have to check in normally by 10:15 in order to do the early check in at the QM.

There are also free red bus shuttles you can take into Long Beach.

Hi, Does the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro have complimentary shuttle service to the Carnival Port in Longt Beach?

What is the best way to get from LAX to the Crowne Plaza--best meaning a good combination of convenience and cost?

Thanks,

Gale

Hi Gale,

We reserved Super Shuttle on-line and used a promo code found on here. The ride was about 20-30 minutes. There was a HUGE line to exit for the pier, so we were dropped off first (CP).

The CP offers complimentary shuttle to both piers. When you arrive at the hotel there's a sign up book, depending on which pier you need.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Annette

my wife and I booked an overnight stay at the Coast Hotel for a following day cruise on Carnival Splendor:was this hotel a good choice ?

We stayed at the Coast prior to our cruise in Sept. It's proximity to the port made this a good choice. There is a free shuttle that stops out front that goes thru Long Beach that we took to pick up a few things for the cruise. We took a cab and did early check in at the QM (along with several hundred other cruisers).

What is the early checkin that a number of people have mentioned at the Queen Mary :confused:

The QM is permanently docked next to the CCL pier. They open early check in @ 9:30 - 11:00, for which you receive a Zone 1 boarding pass. The benefit to some, is that you're wait in line is significantly reduced so you're on the ship sooner with your DOD:D

We used the early check in for our Oct cruise and loved it.

The QM is permanently docked next to the CCL pier.

Big understatement! :) The QM sits on a giant concrete pedestal and isn't floating. The city is trying to figure out how to come up with funds required to repair the deterioriating hull. The news awhile back said the QM would fall apart if she had to float on her own

The QM is permanently docked next to the CCL pier. They open early check in @ 9:30 - 11:00, for which you receive a Zone 1 boarding pass. The benefit to some, is that you're wait in line is significantly reduced so you're on the ship sooner with your DOD:D

Sounds good to me :) Thanks for the info.

is the early check-in open to anyone, or is it for the people who over-nighted at the QM ?

is the early check-in open to anyone, or is it for the people who over-nighted at the QM ?

It's open to anyone that can get there between 9:00 and 10:45, we've done it 3 times and never stayed on the QM, always the Coast Hotel.

Archived