Pearl Aft BA 10668 & 10168

Coco421

I just wanted to thank you all for educating me about the differences between the cabins. It was very helpful after I pulled up the deckplans on NCL website. Thanks again. One question though... Is it noisy at the back of the ship or is there any smells like fuel or anything? Just asking because 1 of my kids is extremely sensitive to certain odors and I wouldn't be sure about those back cabins because of this. Any help is appreciated.;)

One question though... Is it noisy at the back of the ship or is there any smells like fuel or anything? Just asking because 1 of my kids is extremely sensitive to certain odors and I wouldn't be sure about those back cabins because of this. Any help is appreciated.;)

About the only noise we've noticed in 27 days with stern balconies (BA and AD) on deck 10 is the ship's wake. Be interested in what others have to say.

The back of the ship is very, very quiet most of the time.

We had some noise from our neighbours who, when they were around, liked shouting from their balcony to the people on the other side of them and also to people up in the Great Outdoors area.

I never noticed any smells at all but we did get some soot one day.

About the only noise we've noticed in 27 days with stern balconies (BA and AD) on deck 10 is the ship's wake. Be interested in what others have to say.

Thanks I would love to hear what others are saying as well. I will take it all under advisement for the next cruise I book.:)

The back of the ship is very, very quiet most of the time.

We had some noise from our neighbours who, when they were around, liked shouting from their balcony to the people on the other side of them and also to people up in the Great Outdoors area.

I never noticed any smells at all but we did get some soot one day.

Soot like as in black type powder where on the deck not in the cabin though? Thanks

Soot like as in black type powder where on the deck not in the cabin though? Thanks

Soot on the lanai, not in the cabin, unless you track it in. We had a rump cabin on the Sun in 2004. The soot seems to settle on the lanai on the cooler, danker nights. Not a big deal at all; just spread a cabin towel on the chair or chaisse, and be assured that the stewards are on top of this issue, and will change your towels daily, with no complaints. Aside from that, just watch what you track in.

No odors at all. Well, not from the lanai. Be sure to pour a half gallon of water down the floor vent in the loo once a day, so that you don't get any sewer odors therefrom. Note that on our second Sun cruise, during the Ask-the-captain day, there was one passenger who asked why they could smell the ship's sewage from their lanai on the port side of the ship. Other passengers chimed in with the same gripe. The cap had the I'm-the-captain-of-a-big-ship-and-I'm-stuck-answering-this-stinking-question-again look all over his face, and the ship's lead engineer stepped up and took over at the mic, with the same oh-this-question-again look, and said, essentially, well-shucky-darn-the-vent-pipe-has-to-go-somewhere. It is evidently somewhere along the portside of the ship. Don't know if it is at the bow, stern, or amidships. Don't know where it graces other ships in the fleet. I just made a mental note to stay starboard on all and any future cruises -- that is, if I couldn't score a cabin on the butt or snout, which are my preferred cruising attitudes.

We have 10668 for the upcoming Pearl cruise, in July. I'm confident we are going to be happy campers.

We had 10168 on the Pearl last February. Yes, the balcony is bigger and deeper. We spent a lot of time out there. It was heaven when sailing, but it could get very hot while in port. BTW, we had no loungers. I offered the steward $20 to get us some, but he said it wasn't possible. He wasn't a very good or friendly steward anyway. How did you all get them to give you the loungers? If I had one, I don't know if I would have left the cabin except to go into port! I would definitely book this cabin again, so I would really like to know the trick!

We were in 10168 in June. The cabin had the loungers out on the balcony when we arrived. We didn't have to ask for them. Our steward was Frank. He was teriffic, nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him and he was very friendly and fun.

Sounds like the luck of the draw to me.

We'll be on the Pearl in December in 10168 and 10668....can't wait! I'll post my reviews and some pics when we get back :)

Say Hi to Frank! If he is still the steward you will enjoy his no problem laid back demeanour and look after 10668 for me. I look forward to your review.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been enjoying reading your comments. We'll be cruising on the Jewel in Janurary and have 10668 booked and our friends will be our neighbors. Sounds like it will be a great adventure. BTW, we booked 18 months out to get these cabins. Thanks also for the cabin pictures from the Pearl. We had hump balconies on her and decided to try the rumps on the Jewel.

I've been enjoying reading your comments. We'll be cruising on the Jewel in Janurary and have 10668 booked and our friends will be our neighbors. Sounds like it will be a great adventure. BTW, we booked 18 months out to get these cabins. Thanks also for the cabin pictures from the Pearl. We had hump balconies on her and decided to try the rumps on the Jewel.

Hump balcony on NCL? Not familiar, please explain.

• 5 months later...

I have been watching the NCL website hoping to grab an upgrade, without success (didn't want to pay any more money)....until today. I noticed that aft cabin 10168 was available now. I immediately went to CC found this thread, read all the posts (everyone loved this cabin!) so I quickly called my TA to see what she could do. Good news...we now have 10168 for our cruise on Saturday and since it was in the same category we had, no extra cost. I love sitting on the deck to read and now I can lounge on the deck instead of fighting for a chair at the pool :D. when i feel the need to swim, I'll just walk to the pool and jump in and come back to my private deck! Love it! Thanks to all of you who posted your thoughts about this cabin. it helped me make the decision to move. We were in 10588, near one of the elevators/stairs and I was afraid it would be noisy, especially at night when passengers are going to their cabins. I just hope it is not a bumpy ride being in the rear...DH will be wearing the patch so he doesn't get seasick. Can anyone tell me how the "ride" is in this cabin?

Thanks!!

I moved my booking to 10168 on the Jewel a few weeks ago and then after searching CC realized that cabin is a goldmine! Raven - we'll be in the same cabin in September and I'm hoping that the full lounge chairs will be on the balcony? Will you report back and let me know if big lounge chairs were there or if you had any trouble requesting them from you steward? Enjoy your cruise!!!

I moved my booking to 10168 on the Jewel a few weeks ago and then after searching CC realized that cabin is a goldmine! Raven - we'll be in the same cabin in September and I'm hoping that the full lounge chairs will be on the balcony? Will you report back and let me know if big lounge chairs were there or if you had any trouble requesting them from you steward? Enjoy your cruise!!!

Will report back on 5/16...when our cruise will be over:(! I am hoping the lounge chairs will be there ready and waiting for us!

• 2 years later...
We are booked in 10168 on the GEM..I believe its identical in size to 10668 next door

sorry for dragging this thread up just wondered if you had any pics of the inside of cabin 10168 on the gem that i can see. they would be greatly appreciated

Will report back on 5/16...when our cruise will be over:(! I am hoping the lounge chairs will be there ready and waiting for us!

oh i know out of all of you guys that someone has some pictures for me of gem cabin 10168. im so excited!!!!

oh i know out of all of you guys that someone has some pictures for me of gem cabin 10168. im so excited!!!!

Look at the pictures in post #7. They're of one on the Jewel but yours should be much the same.

Archived