Food on the Spirit

GORDONCHICK

You guys have given so much great info! Thanks. I am willing to pay for steamed milk for my chai so thank you for the directions. Aside from sushi, are there any great seafood dishes that shouldn't be missed?

oh, mentioning steamed milk, I was surprised to see the milk on the buffet at breakfast was heated for those who wanted warm milk for thier cereal. Now we are home, DH wants his heated when I fix oatmeal;; thanks NCL...LOL

We just got off the Spirit yesterday. I will post a full review later. However, here are my thoughts on the food. I have lowered my expectations on cruise ship food. There is only so much they can do when cooking for a couple thousand people. However, for the most part, we were very pleasantly surprised w/the food on this cruise.

Raffles: Ate bkst here most mornings. It was fine, but not great. However, it was almost always very busy and a pain to navigate. Ate dinner here once and lunch once. I do not recommend it @lunch and dinner. It was not as good as other buffets on other ships we have been on.

Windows: Very pleasantly surprised w/the food and the service. Much better than expected. Ate bkst here once (same food as Raffles, but much more relaxing atmosphere), lunch once, and dinner all nights but 2. Some of my favorite dishes: papaya/tomato/avocado salsa, mushroom risotto, strawberry soup, potato and chestnut gnocchi, duck trio appetizer, Chinese duck salad, and there were others, but I can't remember them.

Cagneys: the kahlua creme brulee was excellent! Crab legs were really good too. My husband ordered a ribeye, but what he got was more like a NY strip, much leaner than a ribeye. It was still good. Appetizers and salads were OK.

Blue Lagoon: didn't care for the spinach artichoke dip or the fish, but the cheeseburgers and fries rocked!!!!!!

Archived