PreCruise Manaus Area Rainforest Recommendation?

Bassethound

Bassethound, DH and I are on the Royal, FLL to Manaus in March 2010 along with some friends. We are doing a post cruise stay and at this point, having done a lot of web research are looking at the Anavilhanas Jungle Lodge. It seems to have, overall, some of the best and most consistant reviews that I found. I have been in touch with the lodge and they responded quickly, answered my questions and seem very ameniable. If you google the lodge you'll find their web site. We are looking at doing two nights there (the minimum stay) and then one night in the Manaus Tropical Hotel in the city prior to flying home. I would be interested to know what you decide on...and how you like the cruise.

Deb.

We are trying to book something through Princess, so they are responsible for us for both the transfer from Ft. Lauderdale to Manaus and at the resort in Brazil. However, have not found any Princess sponsored pre-cruise jungle trip around Manaus. Did you find one?

Otherwise we need to go out on our own, and not sure we want to take the chance of missing the ship.

To be honest we didn't look specifically through Princess mainly because I've never found anything to suggest they offer it (either through past cruisers or anything in print). I guess it's a little easier for us as we end up in Manaus but we did decide to book the last night in Manaus before our flights home to give us a buffer. Anavilhanas is just over three hours travel time to Manaus. I did find lodges in my research that are much closer (30mins) by boat from Manaus and give you the option of staying just one night. I also believe that hotels such as the Tropical manaus offer day trips from thier lobby. Perhaps these options might work if you don't want to be too far away from Manaus if it's not arranged through princess.

Hope this helps.....

Deb.

Archived