Century Rebooking Dilemma

librarylady19

Dh and I had booked our 1st cruise ever on Century sailing 1/26. Were in SS1069 for $749 PP. Unfortunately, I fell on ice on Xmas Eve & ended up w/ a broken elbow that required surgery. Ouch!

Thankfully, we have trip insurance. I really want to try for the same itinerary on 2/28 (w/out a cast). only problem - Sky Suite is now $1,099 pp. Double ouch!

Experienced Century sailers please help me out - is SS worth $350 more pp than CC? I really liked the idea of the butler service and the much lager balcony. Not having cruised before, it's hard to know if the perks will make the experience that much more enjoyable.

Personally I don't think it is worth it. The Butler can be just an added tipping expence and I would rather not have the added intrusion putting a do not disturb notice on my door.

yes the room is bigger than CC on Century as it was built with all balconies being the same size just the added perks of the CC flowers wine canopies etc.

It depends on what you would do with the extra $700.

Sue

SS on the Century class ships are wonderful. They are around 235 sq ft where CC is 169. But for me it's all about the balcony. I know the ones on deck 12 are ~ 150 sq ft with a table & chairs plus 2 lounge chairs with plenty of room left over.

We have been on Century 5 times and on deck 12 SS 4 of the 5 times with the most recent being on the 12/1 TA, and CC the other when we were in Europe and had long shore days.

By the way my favorate 2 butlers are Paul and Alwi were both servicing deck 12 in Dec.

But for a trip in the sun I would sure consider the SS.

LibraryLady,

Sorry to learn we are going to not have the pleasure of your company on 1/26. Best wishes that you mend quickly.

SSs for the Century 5 day are often available on X's Exciting deals. Purchased ours in the post-Thanksgiving Sale. No SSs this week, but maybe next. If you can be flexible on the dates, hold out for a SS deal…the huge balconies (and butler coffee) are worth the price when on sale for a trip to the sun.

ps: we were on Century's last week of Feb sailing in 2007 and found SSs on sale end January. As a point of reference, SS was $599 in post-Thanksgiving sale.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

pps: the SS for the 2/15 Solstice are an amazing deal.

Dh and I had booked our 1st cruise ever on Century sailing 1/26. Were in SS1069 for $749 PP. Unfortunately, I fell on ice on Xmas Eve & ended up w/ a broken elbow that required surgery. Ouch!

Thankfully, we have trip insurance. I really want to try for the same itinerary on 2/28 (w/out a cast). only problem - Sky Suite is now $1,099 pp. Double ouch!

Experienced Century sailers please help me out - is SS worth $350 more pp than CC? I really liked the idea of the butler service and the much lager balcony. Not having cruised before, it's hard to know if the perks will make the experience that much more enjoyable.

I was just checking an on-line cruise site that shows up to 15 cabins per category if they are available. Thought to check the Century 5 day for you for both 2/28 and 3/9. Both sailings show 15 SSs which is a good sign that you could wait for better last minute deals. No guarantee these will be offered on Exciting deals, but if they are, more likely to be 4-6 weeks prior to sail.

I really feel for you. My wife fell getting into our house from the garage (one step) December 10th. Broke her ankle in 3 places and had a plate and screws put in.

We were supposed to do New Years cruise on the Solstice and had to cancel.

Heres the bright side- We rebooked the cruise for mid -March hopefully shell be walking again by then. That cruise was 1/2 the cost of the original cruise. Also that cruise would be ending tommorrow. We still have the cruise to look forward to.

All the best

LibraryLady,

Re-check all the Century prices in February&March. See other recent posts. Significant price drops for the regular fares posted on X's website. The SS for 2/28 is back to $749 w/o senior or resident discounts. I'd book now and get the SS cabin you want. An Exciting Deal sometime in the next month may bring price down even further, but you also risk losing a location you may prefer.

Archived