Hotels in Houston

Arkylady

Booked a Thrifty car for Fri afternoon, Sat & returning Sun AM before taking Galveston Limo from HOU to port. That way we can at least drive to Galv to sightsee on Sat.

I was thinking that Hampton Inn would be like staying in a brand-new hotel!!

[Decided to fly in on Fri rather than Sat, because the last time I was in Houston was 35 years ago!!!]

Just jumping in here to say if it is the Crowne Plaza/Greenspoint at 425 North Sam Houston, it is not in one of the better parts of Houston. I haven't been in that area for quite awhile and, although I hear it has improved, there are much better areas and it would not be my choice. Perhaps someone else has a more recent "take" on the area.

I work a block away from the Crowne Plaza. Hotel is nice enough, but it's not a good area after dark. Same goes for the Marriott-Greenspoint(which I can see from my office window as I type) and the Hyatt(Old Wyndham) Hotel. If you are staying on hotel property these places are fine. I've worked in the area since 1981, daytime is ok as far as restaurants & even the mall goes, but after dark it's another story. This can be said for a lot of different parts of Houston, though.

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza on Sam Houston Pkwy. Is this a good neighborhood to walk to one of the restaurants nearby??

Thanks

Joe

:(

Greenspoint area has highest crime rate in Houston

I would not stay in area. And definitely would not walk in area.

:DGo to Galleria or Clear Lake or come on to Galveston.

There are definitrly direct shuttles to Galleria and Galveston!

And probably Clear Lake?

Archived