South America .. has any one been before?

ClaudiaF

There are so many ports that I have never heard about on our SA cruise and wondered if anyone had any ideas for what to don't miss?

Okay..

Santos

Montevideo

Paranaugua ( we know about the falls, what else?)

Parati

Ilha Grande

Thanks so much

There are so many ports that I have never heard about on our SA cruise and wondered if anyone had any ideas for what to don't miss?

Okay..

Santos

Montevideo

Paranaugua ( we know about the falls, what else?)

Parati

Ilha Grande

Thanks so much

And, while you're at it, . . . how about a few more some of which we have and others we have not heard of . . . Santiago, Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas, Ushuaia (Christmas Day), Puerto Madryn (New Year's eve), Montevideo and Buenos Aires? We're on the very "sea day" intensive (Antarctica) 17 day December 17th Cruise which includes the holidays.

Checking the mailbox every day for documents (eventho we're sure it is too soon)!

Rich

Hi,

Last year, we went around Cape Horn on the Infinity and I went to http://www.cruisereviews.com and hit on S.A. There is a lot of info on almost every port in S.A. You can also go to Linda Coffman's website. She has a terrific website and will give you more info on S.A. She is very nice and even answered my email for further info. You can email me at scorpiosheila@yahoo.com for her website.

Sheila

Hi,

Last year, we went around Cape Horn on the Infinity and I went to http://www.cruisereviews.com and hit on S.A. There is a lot of info on almost every port in S.A. You can also go to Linda Coffman's website. She has a terrific website and will give you more info on S.A. She is very nice and even answered my email for further info. You can email me at scorpiosheila@yahoo.com for her website.

Sheila

Is that Cruisediva?

• 1 month later...

If you go to http://www.cruisereviews.com

and click onReviews - Celebrity, and then go to Mercury, you will find my review under my name: Philip M. Haggerty. It is a fairly extensive review, including info on Santiago - and a great restaurant there - Isla Negra. - But don't go before 8:30 - there will be nobody there, or in any other

good restuarant. The review has data on

some of our trips that we arranged on our

own over the net. Be careful in Buenos Aires! Too bad that is so because it is a

beautiful city with a great heritage. But overall this was one of most memorable cruises out of fourteen in the past five years.

"Be careful in Buenos Aires! Too bad that is so because it is a

beautiful city with a great heritage."

We just got back from BA last week and had no problem at all. I felt it was a very safe place. As in any city anywhere in the world, there are places to avoid at night. Did you have a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes we had trouble. The taxi driver to our hotel managed to steal my valuable camera, with all our cruise photos. Then, as we were walking down a main street in broad daylight, two young ladies came up to mee and said we had been victims of pigeons, and started wiping down my jacket. I quickly realized this was bad, and reached for my wallet. It was gone, but I grabbed one of the girls, and took my wallet

back. We found out later that the Sheraton Hotel had advised all their patrons about this gimmick.

Buenos Aires es un ciudad de ladrones!

Hi Liat,

We have traveled extensively around the World for over thirty years and my husband NEVER puts a wallet in his pocket. He wears cargo pants and even wears one of those "safes" around his lower leg to hold his money and our passports.

We had the Sheraton Hotel call us a cab to take us to the Airport while we left our suitcases at the Concierge desk as we shopped in Buenos Aires. They gave a little piece of paper to fill out if we weren't happy with the cab driver. Crime is rampant all over the World now. We won't stop traveling, so we use precautions.

Sheila

The taxi driver to our hotel managed to steal my valuable camera, with all our cruise photos. Then, as we were walking down a main street in broad daylight, two young ladies came up to mee and said we had been victims of pigeons, and started wiping down my jacket. I quickly realized this was bad, and reached for my wallet. It was gone, but I grabbed one of the girls, and took my wallet

back. We found out later that the Sheraton Hotel had advised all their patrons about this gimmick.

How in the world did a taxi driver steal a camera?

I always use one of those pouches I wear around my neck and inside my shirt to avoid the pick pocket problem. I take this precaution all over the world and have never lost anything - yet. I just stayed at the Park Tower beside the Sheraton. They are both Starwood Hotels, but they didn't warn us of the "pigeon girl" problem.

Archived