Vista class ships

Mauretania1907

Could someone tell me which cruise lines have Vista class ships, and the names of the ships involved. I know there are several ships of this design spread over several cruise lines, mainly in the Carnival group, but Berlitz Cruise Guide do not list them as vista class. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

The Vista Class ships are Holland America Line.

The four sisters are Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam. Noordam being the newest.

The newest HAL ship is the Signature Class and one of two sisters started sailing in July. She is Eurodam. Her sister, and last of the Signature ships, is under construction at Fincantieri Shipyards outside Venice. She will be called Nieuw Amsterdam.

The newest HAL ship is the Signature Class and one of two sisters started sailing in July. She is Eurodam. Her sister, and last of the Signature ships, is under construction at Fincantieri Shipyards outside Venice. She will be called Nieuw Amsterdam.

We were in port in Fort Lauderdale with the Eurodam in December. It sailed past us as it left port. I thought it was a very impressive ship and would not mind sailing on it someday, maybe even this year.

Shouldn't it be called the "Even Nieuwer Amsterdam"? LOL

If you mean other lines that have ships built on the same hull as the Vista class, I believe Cunard, Costa, and Carnival all have ships built on the same hull as the Vista class.

I was told the Carnival spirit class ships were the same hull-but I can tell you DEFINITELY-that the Miracle was VERY different for the Westerdam.

the Westerdam has these great glass elevators on the outside of the ship-none on the Miracle. the Westerdam had a classy 3 story centrum-the Miracle had a glitzy atrium open all the way from the promenade deck to the lido-with glass see through steps going from the Lido to the supper club.

I have a strong fear of heights so I hated that staircase on the Miracle, being over an open 9 deck area, SCARY. whereas the glass elevators on the outside of the ship on the Westerdam were simply classy-and did not make me fearful.

We were in port in Fort Lauderdale with the Eurodam in December. It sailed past us as it left port. I thought it was a very impressive ship and would not mind sailing on it someday, maybe even this year.

We toured Eurodam when she made a port stop in Boston and think her very beautiful.

Just made final payment this week for two weeks aboard her in March.

Archived