Advantage of Aft facing BA cabin?

DaisyL

Since I was the OP of this thread, I thought I would report back. We had an Aft facing balcony on deck 8, Jewel, and absolutely LOVED it. The balcony was huge and we just lived out there. No need to spend time on the upper decks and we always had a shaded area to sit.

I know people have said, 'once they had a balcony it's hard to book a lower category'. Well that was never a problem for us but once I got this aft facing balcony, a regular balcony is just inferior.

Thanks everyone, it was worth the extra cost for the upgrade. And my DH was so surprised and happy, too.

Since I was the OP of this thread, I thought I would report back. We had an Aft facing balcony on deck 8, Jewel, and absolutely LOVED it. The balcony was huge and we just lived out there. No need to spend time on the upper decks and we always had a shaded area to sit.

I know people have said, 'once they had a balcony it's hard to book a lower category'. Well that was never a problem for us but once I got this aft facing balcony, a regular balcony is just inferior.

Thanks everyone, it was worth the extra cost for the upgrade. And my DH was so surprised and happy, too.

Ohhhh it sounds wonderfully relaxing. Glad you had a good time.

I'm curious also as to whether soot is a real problem or not for the aft balconies.

You will have some soot on the railing and on the lounge chair cushions. It was not a problem because the cabin stewards would clean the railing and clean/flip the cushings before we were ready to use them.

Of couse, if you go out on the deck first thing in the morning and lean on the railing, you'll get dirty.:mad: Also, keep the lounge chairs close to the door at night. It'll keep the cushions from getting too much soot. Bottom line, the soot was never a problem.

Thanks for the report! I love hearing that as we will be in our first Aft facing balcony this June. Also our first balcony for a full-length cruise. I can't wait!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post a follow-up note. I will be on the Jewel in the same cabin, or perhaps the one next door, in a few weeks. Very timely post from you. :)

Archived