Cafe Caribe, International Cafe, & Vines on Crown Princess

Go-Bucks!

Can someone please tell me about these restaurants.

Are they specialty restaurants where you pay extra? What type food is served there? Are they open for all meals or only dinner? Did you like the food? Do you need to make reservations? Anything you know about them would help. Thanks!! :D

If you do a search on this forum, you'll probably find lots of info about these three, but briefly:

Cafe Caribe: another buffet, located aft of Horizon Court. It's here where you'll find the seafood extravaganza on sailaway, plus theme buffets every evening, German, Mexican, etc. The day's theme is listed in the Patter.

Interntional Cafe: the place to buy your coffee card and get specialty coffees, plus there's a full bar. They have extensive pastries in the morning, and delicious salads/paninis from lunchtime on -- don't miss the chicken salad, which is possibly the best salad afloat! In the evening, they feature tapas. For most of the food items, there is no charge; those things that have a fee are clearly marked, including gelato (a steal at $1.50 for 3 enormous scoops), candy apples, and the aforementioned tapas.

Vines: primarily a wine bar, serves nibblies which are free (antipasto type things, I believe, like cheeses and salamis) and also this is where the sushi is. The sushi is at a charge, the cheese/meat plates are free. I'm not as positive about this, however, as I didn't partake of food there, only the wines. Definitely try the icy-cold Proseco, by the way!

Wow, this wasn't brief at all, was it?! Hope it helps a little.

The cafe Caribe is good for breakfast too. Much quieter than the main buffet.

The Vines sushi is per piece at $1 (Jun 2006) and when made up it was a generous portion.

I agree about the chicken salad in the International Cafe and their cakes at lunchtime are great too. Please don't tell too many people though because it is a closely guarded secret eating place along with Adaggios which serves terrrific stuffed olives with your drinks and it a nice peaceful atmosphere.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that the Int'l Cafe is indeed a secret. Shhh. I also forgot to mention the freshly-baked cookies there every afternoon . . . Sigh. I need to either go eat something or book a cruise, I'm drooling here!

Thank you so much for the info!! No need to be brief. :p

Question: Why would they have a buffet (Cafe Caribe) right behind the HC buffet?? Do they serve different styles of food?

International Cafe sounds like the La Patisserie on the Coral, but with some actual food not just pastries. I still have 9 punches left on my coffee card, so I'll be visiting there in the mornings. And lunchtime for that chicken salad. Umm.

This sounds like plenty of variety for gastronomic cruising pleasure! :D

Archived