Phil Lafayette Tours??

jacksmom09

Hi! We are thinking about doing a Dunn's river falls and Margarittaville tour with him! Just wondering if anyone has any reviews or feedback! Thanks in advance for any info! We are a little nervous about doing a non-cruiseline tour:eek:, but want to try Margaritaville! :rolleyes:

Um, well, Margaritaville is RIGHT outside the fenced area where you get off the ship. No tour necessary. It's the closest thing TO the ship. It's at Island Village which is right there on your right.

You would book an excursion to Dunns River Falls and maybe floating the White River, but don't pay for an "excursion" to Margaritaville!

We booked a tour with Phil Lafayette in 2006 - he took us straight to Dunn's River Falls, then onto the tubing on the White River (both highly recommended) He dropped us off at Island Village where Margarataville is located. You are free to do what you want at Island Village and can easily walk back to the ship quite safely from there.

We (my daughter and I) also used Phil for a tour back in October 2008, I would recommend him or his daughter Tammy. Phil is very knowledgable about his surroundings and definately holds a respect with the locals. As said above, you don't need an excursion to go to Jimmy's place AKA Margaritaville but whatever you do, I hope you enjoy Jamaica as much as we did.

Our family just returned in Dec 08. We used Phil and had no problems. His daughter was waiting at the end of the pier and Phil took us straight to the falls gave us tips and then off to go tubing. We had a great time. This was a great change from being "cattled" with the rest of the passengers from the cruise ship. You have to have a tour guide take you up the falls. Phil waits in the van while an employee takes you up the falls. Same with the tubing. You should go tubing too, that only takes a couple of minutes and we still had time to go shopping when we were done.

When you are on the tubing excursion, where do you leave your cash? S&S card, passport etc. Also was the tube ride a rough one or just relaxing?

Please Advise. Any information will be helpful.:cool:

We did the Falls and Tubing with Phil in Feb 2006. The tubing was very mellow and relaxing. However, the ride might depend on the time of year and the rainfall, etc.

We loved Phil and his excursion!

Phil and his daughter were great tour guides! I just returned with my 3 children. We left all of our personal belongings in the bus while he waited for us. We went to DRF and river tubing. He gave us pointers about the culture and showed us fern gully, children schools and wonderful views to take photos. He went over and above what I expected from him. We all felt really comfortable and could not imagine having anyone better than Phil. We always use tours outside of the ships and this had to been one of the best. He is very aware of getting you back to the ship on time and was so friendly and funny. Good singer too! Thanks.

When you are on the tubing excursion, where do you leave your cash? S&S card, passport etc. Also was the tube ride a rough one or just relaxing?

Please Advise. Any information will be helpful.:cool:

The tubing is fun and relaxing. You leave your things on Phil's bus - he stays with it. You will probabaly want some cash, though - there is a stop you make where there's a cliff to jump from and rope swing. That's where they have a little "hut" and show you the pictures they've taken. They were really good pictures! I was surprised. I even bought them - they came on a cd and were very reasonably priced, IMO.

Archived