Tour Operator in San Juan - Rain Forest

CAcruzfunatic

We will be in San Juan PR, pre-cruise, for my parents 50th anniversary and are wanting to do a tour to the Rain Forest. There will be 12 of us ranging in age from 10 to 74.

We are looking for a local tour guide to provide transportion and local information with a tour to the rain forest area.

Anyone have someone they have used that was exceptional! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I did a great one last year - I cannot remember the company's name but they pick up at a number of hotels. We stayed at the Condado Plaza Hotel and had a desk right in the lobby.

Rob was our tour guide. We was born in the states but moved to PR in the 80's. Very knowledgable guy!

This is what I posted when I returned from Puerto Rico last year (I wasn't sure how to put the link to my post, so I just cut and pasted below). I had found Countryside Tours on CC when doing my trip research. I'm glad that I did. If you do a google search for Countryside Tours, you will find a way to contact them.

Just wanted to add to the previous posts about Countryside Tours. We had arranged for a private full day and a private half day tour. Victor was always prompt in answering our emails. Tony, our tour driver/guide, was just wonderful; friendly, knowledgeable, and eager to show us whatever we wanted to see. If you can afford it, and you want to see the real Puerto Rico mixed in with the typical tourist sites, I highly recommend this tour company. Being able to set your own pace, see just what you want without having to wait for other people, etc. is worth every penny. In our full day we went to Arecibo (drove along the waterfront through small towns) went through the mountains to Ponce, toured Ponce. On our half day we went to El Yunque and the Fajardo area. We really felt that we came away getting a feel for what Puerto Rico is like and were able to take the time to look at a few possible places for future land vacations

Judy from Bethany Beach, Delaware

Archived