can't decide between...

jimbug

Help! I can't decide between an 8-day Caribbean (San Juan, St. Maarten, St. John, St. Thomas, Nassau) on the Jewel of the Seas in an inside cabin....or a balcony on the Carnival Pride 7-day Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta).

I *really* want to give RCCL a try, especially on the beautiful Jewel in the sunny Caribbean w/ that itinerary...but it's an inside cabin that is costing me a hunk of change more than the Pride's balcony.

Please help - thanks!!!!

Guest cruzr44
Help! I can't decide between an 8-day Caribbean (San Juan, St. Maarten, St. John, St. Thomas, Nassau) on the Jewel of the Seas in an inside cabin....or a balcony on the Carnival Pride 7-day Mexican Riviera (Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta).

I *really* want to give RCCL a try, especially on the beautiful Jewel in the sunny Caribbean w/ that itinerary...but it's an inside cabin that is costing me a hunk of change more than the Pride's balcony.

Please help - thanks!!!!

WOW - now that's a tough choice! Did you check more than one place for prices? A agency may have a "group booking" which would bring the prices down somewhat. I would check more than one site. Jewel is also one more day so figure that in your total price. If you are leaning toward the Jewel, maybe book a guarantee ocean view and hope for an upgrade. If you have any specific questions drop me a line. mx55mom@yahoo.com

Nothing against Carnival as I have never sailed them (or any other line besides RCI)....but I would take an inside on Jewel (or any Radiance class ship) over a balcony on any other cruiseline. (Again, nothing against Carnival or any other cruiseline.) We love RCI and especially the Radiance class. (Have done Radiance 4 or 5 times, Serenade once, Jewel in 8 days...gotta book Brillance!).

I would check out the typical weather for the time you plan to cruise. Is it during hurricane season, or is it at a time when the Pacific is rough? Also, do you have to figure in air fare? Depending on where you fly from, that could be something you may want to check out.

I will be on the Jewel in February, and have done the Carnival Spirit, and can tell you it was a beautiful ship. The only stop I have been to on the Mexican Riviera route it Mazaltan---and it is not somewhere I would choose to go back to. However, the Caribbean stops you mentioned are ones I would definately go back to.

One more thing, if you are like me, and are only in your room to shower and sleep, don't worry about an inside cabin. Either way you go, you will enjoy it!

If it were me, I would take the Jewel.......just my opinion.

I don't think weather would be a problem for Jimbug! :D Have you seen his website? He'd just be out on the top deck snapping away!!

BTW, Jimbug, you have some great shots!! And I wouldn't worry about getting an inside cabin, as you'll probably never be in it! I guess it comes down to what itinerary you'd rather have vs. how much you want to spend.

Love RCCL. Love Carnival. Would sail newer ships on either one anytime. We're sailing on the Jewel 6 night next month and can't wait but for the money, unless itinerary is really important I'd be doing the balcony on the Pride.

Did that itinerary on the Sovereign many years ago and did the Riviera this last August on the Legend.

Regardless of cruise line or cabin, I would do the caribbean again in a heartbeat. While the Riviera ports are different and interesting (particulary PV), the snorkling, beaches, towns, and shopping in the Caribbean make this much more attactive to me.

But getting back to the ships, everything I have read about how beautiful the Radiance class is...sigh...I want to go...

THE TWO SHIPS ARE BOTH GREAT. THE ITINERARIES ARE BOTH GREAT. I WOULD NEVER EVER BOOK AN INSIDE CABIN. I WOULD TRY AN OCEANVIEW OR GO WITH THE BALCONY. WERE GOING ON THE RCCL SPLENDOUR OF THE SEAS ON 12/04/04 AND HAVE BOOKED A BALCONY BUT I WOULD MAYBE CONSIDER AN OCEANVIEW. GOOD LUCK AND I AM SURE YOU WILL MAKE THE BEST DECISION.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE. LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT!!!!!!!:D :confused:

Archived