I am going to have Gastirc By-Pass surgery...

ssatterly

Great going Ssatterly!:D Isn't it a great feeling to keep losing the weight? I'm down to 181 and I haven't been this low in probably 15 years.:eek: I still need to lose about 50 pounds tho. But I don't feel discouraged about losing the weight like I have in the past. Just think of the new clothes you are going to need before your cruise. You have to have new ones to show off your new body. :rolleyes: You keep up the good work and have a good one,

Sue

Great going Ssatterly!:D Isn't it a great feeling to keep losing the weight? I'm down to 181 and I haven't been this low in probably 15 years.:eek: I still need to lose about 50 pounds tho. But I don't feel discouraged about losing the weight like I have in the past. Just think of the new clothes you are going to need before your cruise. You have to have new ones to show off your new body. :rolleyes: You keep up the good work and have a good one,

Sue

Thanks!!!!! I am so happy that my stall has broken!

I received my lap band on June 9, 2009. I am to date down 30 lbs and have had 2 adjustments, 1 on 7/27 and the other on 8/28. I currently have 6.75 cc in my 10cc band and I am trying to decide whether to have another before my cruise on 11/14. I will be taking muscle milk shakes, bullets and powders with me on the cruise, as well as my crystal lite pouches and bottled water.

So excited.

I received my lap band on June 9, 2009. I am to date down 30 lbs and have had 2 adjustments, 1 on 7/27 and the other on 8/28. I currently have 6.75 cc in my 10cc band and I am trying to decide whether to have another before my cruise on 11/14. I will be taking muscle milk shakes, bullets and powders with me on the cruise, as well as my crystal lite pouches and bottled water.

So excited.

Good luck and let us know how you do!!!!

Hi everyone!

I just had RNY one week ago! I didn't have time to read all thirteen pages of this thread, but I was directed here and I wanted to see what was up. I met with the office staff today and my 1st week of weight loss was 11lbs. They were all amazed at how I "looked"...not that I looked thinner, but just the way I carried myself after only a week. The dietician even stopped mid sentence to tell me again she couldn't believe I had surgery a week ago. Then when I was leaving, another staff member came to the counter to look at me. That all made me feel really good!

I am worried though, because I have "cheated" and realized...SO FAR...that I do not feel or get sick. I have been a very good girl since then, but still. I can't waste what I was blessed with.

If anyone has any quesions, please feel free to ask!!! I love talking to people :p

Sharon

Welcome Sharon. You'll find that everyone here is really great with answering questions and they are really great with moral support. We all make great cheerleaders.:D Glad things are going well for you, but be careful with the cheating. But we've all done it at least once. It's just such a great feeling to be losing and not gaining that it makes not cheating well worth it. Everyone keep up the good work and have a good one,

Sue

Hi everyone!

I just had RNY one week ago! I didn't have time to read all thirteen pages of this thread, but I was directed here and I wanted to see what was up. I met with the office staff today and my 1st week of weight loss was 11lbs. They were all amazed at how I "looked"...not that I looked thinner, but just the way I carried myself after only a week. The dietician even stopped mid sentence to tell me again she couldn't believe I had surgery a week ago. Then when I was leaving, another staff member came to the counter to look at me. That all made me feel really good!

I am worried though, because I have "cheated" and realized...SO FAR...that I do not feel or get sick. I have been a very good girl since then, but still. I can't waste what I was blessed with.

If anyone has any quesions, please feel free to ask!!! I love talking to people :p

Sharon

Sharon, don't worry about that fact that you didn't dump. Perhaps you didn't eat enough sugar. Most GB's can tolerate about 9-12 grams of sugar at one time. I little bite of chocolate or cake is probably not enough to trigger a dump. Believe me, avoid that as much as you can, it is awful.

The first 6-12 month are truly your free time and you lose weight just because. You also may plateau. I did at 52 lbs down and didn't lose another lb for 6 weeks. Don't be discouraged if that happens. You will find that you will still be shrinking. I weighed every day, and one day I stepped on the scale I was down 8 lbs from the day before, and the next day 3 lbs. It was like my body just let it go. I thought the scale was broken.

I still after almost 5 years, can't eat more than about 6-8 oz of food at one sitting. But I have gained from my lowest point, and that is discouraging. Not much, I have gained 10 lbs so are now a total of 100 lbs. lost.

Just remember to try and lose as much as you can in the first year, get the positive habits going, get some exercise and you will be great. Don't forget the vitamins.

Congrats on such a great decision to make your life better. It is the best thing I did for myself and would do it again in a heart beat.

Kathi

I had the lapband june 07. I have lost 95 pounds and have about 20 more to go. Our first cruise I was alittle tight and didnt eat much of the healthy stuff but the deserts went down just fine. The second cruise I had had some fluid taken out so was able to eat anything. Both cruises eating different things I still gained bout 5 pounds on both but it was easily taken off when I got home. The doctor said it was probably from the alchohol drinks I had and not so much the food.

I need an adjustment but leaving on a cruise in November and I dont want to be too tight to enjoy the food..would get one or not if you have lapband?

Phyllis

Hello been a while since posting on here. I had GB on Aug 24th and was down 18 lbs in 21 days. The working out has been the worst part because of the reaction I had from the allergic reaction to the tape. Still bruised and sore at the incision sites. Not to mention trying to get a business off the ground at the same time.

Congrats to everyone that is making the change for the better.

tbrown, welcome and glad to see you getting a good start. I know what you mean about the tape, my skin always looks like raw hamburg whenever I use tape or bandaids. :( I think it took longer for that to heal than it did for my incisions. Just take things slow and give yourself time to heal. I know how easy it is to get in a rush to loose the weight, I haven't been able to exercise in the last 2 weeks because of surgery on my foot so my weight lose has slowed down. I'm still losing, but very slowly. The main thing is to stay healthy while losing. Keep up the good work, and have a good one.

Sue

I had the lapband june 07. I have lost 95 pounds and have about 20 more to go. Our first cruise I was alittle tight and didnt eat much of the healthy stuff but the deserts went down just fine. The second cruise I had had some fluid taken out so was able to eat anything. Both cruises eating different things I still gained bout 5 pounds on both but it was easily taken off when I got home. The doctor said it was probably from the alchohol drinks I had and not so much the food.

I need an adjustment but leaving on a cruise in November and I dont want to be too tight to enjoy the food..would get one or not if you have lapband?

Phyllis

My cruise is Nov 14 - 21. I am having my 3rd and adjustment on 10/1 then will not have another until mid December, which will be the last for the year. Then I get to start all over in January with new deductables with the insurance company. At least I will get through the cruise and Thanksgiving.

I am sitting at 6.75cc in a 10cc band, after only 2 adjustments. I am down 35lbs and have 65lbs more to goal. I am so excited. I do not own a scale so only weigh at the docs office.

My cruise is Nov 14 - 21. I am having my 3rd and adjustment on 10/1 then will not have another until mid December, which will be the last for the year. Then I get to start all over in January with new deductables with the insurance company. At least I will get through the cruise and Thanksgiving.

I am sitting at 6.75cc in a 10cc band, after only 2 adjustments. I am down 35lbs and have 65lbs more to goal. I am so excited. I do not own a scale so only weigh at the docs office.[/

The 3rd adjustment can be the one to make a difference we have found in our support groups. Let your doctor know that you are going on a cruise and may need a small adjustment and not a normal one that he would give usually. Having some taken out is not fun..it is like starting over again.

Thought I had died and gone to heaven. Weighed myself this morning and scale said 147:eek:. It took a second to register and then I realized that there was no way I could have lost over 30 lbs in 2 weeks. Damn scale needed new batteries.:rolleyes: Then it said 178. I liked 147 better.:D But at least it wasn't 180. Maybe I'll start losing again. Hope everyone is doing good,

Sue

Thought I had died and gone to heaven. Weighed myself this morning and scale said 147:eek:. It took a second to register and then I realized that there was no way I could have lost over 30 lbs in 2 weeks. Damn scale needed new batteries.:rolleyes: Then it said 178. I liked 147 better.:D But at least it wasn't 180. Maybe I'll start losing again. Hope everyone is doing good,

Sue

Awsome!!!!! I have gained 2 lbs some how!!!! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Everyone!

I just found this thread this morning while looking for something on weight loss and crusing. I just knew there had to be others who were cruising after WLS.

I had my surgery on 9-16-09 I started out with 140 lbs to loose.

At my first appointment 9 days out I had lost 20 lbs. Tomorrow I go for my second appointment and I can't wait to get on the scales! (never thought I'd ever say that I was excited to get weighed..haha)

I haven't returned to work yet, I still have about a week but I feel pretty good.

I'm having problems getting in all the water I'm supposed to drink but I feel its a process and do the best I can, hoping that I am going to slowly get to the required amount.

I've been pretty worried about crusing after WLS and so we canceled one cruise for January 2010 and re-booked for January 2011. I figure that I should be more comfortable by that time.

It took me 9 months to complete the process to have surgery from the time I started researching. I was actually approved by my insurance company in July but waited until September so to not creat a problem at work with vacations.

Thanks for the info I'm getting from this thread and look forward to gaining more knowledge from you all

Feistyred, welcome to the club. :D You'll find that if you have any questions the people here are really great about answering and there is really a lot of good feedback. On getting enough fluids, just remember to sip on water, or whatever you're drinking, throughout the day. As you go along it will get easier to consume more liquids. If you just take a small drink every 5 - 10 minutes you should be ok. I know it's hard at work sometimes but it really is important. It is a little weird to actually LIKE to get on the scales, isn't it.:D My dd teases me about my "scale dance", it really helps if your family is as supporting as mine is. But of course we tease each other about different things all the time. It's just the way we are.:rolleyes: If you have any questions or just want to chat, give a shout. The board has been kind of quiet the last week or so, I'm not sure where everybody is. Maybe they got so skinny they disappeared.:eek: Sorry, couldn't resist. It's been one of those kind of mornings. You have a good one and keep up the good work,

Sue

Archived