How child proof are the balconies?/Traveling with 3 yr old

So we have a brand new 3 yr in our family who in two weeks has already discovered how to work the locks on our patio doors. We will be cruising on the Adventure of the Seas -- does anyone know how the doors to the balconies open?? Wondering if I should be bringing a bar to place in the tracks as one more hurdle to keep him in. We have an owners suite

Any advice/info would be appreciated for traveling with a pre-schooler.

Here is a thread that may interest you:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=894805&highlight=balcony

If you scroll down, you'll see a picture of two girls standing next to a railing on a balcony, so you can see the relative height of the balcony.

I don't know if the balconies on the Adventure of the Seas is the same or not, but I thought this may give you a place to start.

FWIW, I was just on Navigator of the seas in a JS and the Balcony was a sliding door that was rediculously heavy.

If a 3 year old could open that by themselves (and reach the 2nd lock), they deserve to play on the balcony and should lay off of the protein bars.

I was on that ship a few years ago and I think it was kind of hard to open the balcony door. I don't think a three year old would be tall enough or strong enough to open it. But, I could be wrong it was awhile ago.

I was on that ship a few years ago and I think it was kind of hard to open the balcony door. I don't think a three year old would be tall enough or strong enough to open it. But, I could be wrong it was awhile ago.

I would agree. On the Explorer I had a heck of a time opening that door. It became a running joke the whole time. I really doubt a 3 year old could open it.

Archived