Zipline attire

grey's girl

We ziplined in Puerto Vallarta last March. I think you would be fine in shorts and tank top, just make sure you wear tennis shoes. We had lots of walking and climbing between lines and plus you don't want your shoes to fly off. My DH wore hat and we all had sunglasses on. I wore the dreaded fanny pack with all our (stuff) and that even worked out. We had a group of sorority girls on our excursion, they all had flip flops on and I'm not sure if they all had shoes at the end.

On our tour in Antigua, we were informed, closed toed shoes when we reserved the excursion. Also, we were not allowed to carry ANY items with us, including cameras, and fanny packs. Shorts and a tee shirt worked well for us. You definitely don't want to overdress as there is a good amount of walking/hiking to get around and back to your starting point (at least where were there was). They put our stuff in a locker before we got harnessed up.

When we did it...I wore shorts and a tank top! I do think its a good idea...to wear some reasonably long-ish shorts though. Just because the harness does tend to kind of ride up around your thighs. If you had on short, short, shorts...you might be having a few things hang out that you might not want too!

We did ours in Jamaica. Long shorts will be adequate. I would also recommend a dew rag or Bandana for the Helmet as well as bug repellant.

We were able to take cameras. I used a utility latch for the video camera and let it hang running during the zip line. It made for an interesting video.

.....I was wearing shorts and a sleeveless T-Shirt. It did not rain but I was soaking wet after doing it.

Tank top and shorts good, anything else bad!

wasiii

We also did the zip-line in St. lucia..long shorts and t-shirts are fine..It was the BEST excursion I have ever done........Dennis

I did the ziplines in Puerto Vallarta last Oct. I had on shorts and a tank top and it was fine. Lots of walking and it was very hot and humid. Definitely wear tennis shoes or something with straps...sunglasses stayed on even when I hung upside down..it was a great experience and will be going again when we hit PV again next Oct.

PS...Hi Dennis!!!

My family just returned from Roatan. I zipped, even though I'm deathly afraid of heights!

I wore longer shorts and a tee shirt. My son wore nylon sport shorts. He probably should have worn his khaki shorts...however he still LOVED zipping. My husband should have closed his fly!

See my youtube videos I just posted. Just do a search for agusto1999 at youtube dot com and you'll find my videos.

Hold on tight and have fun!

Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I was looking for....sneakers, long shorts, and a tank top it is!

scperk...hey Dennis...how are you? Ron and I are finally getting up the nerve to zipline!

Exciting but scary at the same time, lol...are you cruising with the 3 Saints & a Miracle group next year? We loved our cruise on the Liberty...

augusto1999....loved your video! I figure if your son can do it....I can too! LOL

Archived