has anyone used luggage valet recently?

We2Cruzers

Hi,

We are thinking of sending our luggage down to FLL and looking into the Princess Valet Service. In looking at previous threads it seems they have switched from DHL to Fedex. I was wondering if anyone on the board has used this service lately and if so was it satisfactory? Did your bags arrive o.k. in your cabin as promised?

Thanks for any feedback.

We used it to ship a suitcase to Venice in November.

Using the valet is easy: make a reservation with Princess and they send you all the paperwork. Pack your suitcase, fill out the paperwork and, on the designated day, a DHL truck comes to your house to pick up your suitcase which is delivered to your stateroom with the rest of your luggage when you board the ship.

You can only use the valet to ship clothes and paper goods (a godsend for those of us who bring lots of books)—no electronics, jewelry, toiletries, etc. And our pick-up date was three weeks before we left so we had to make sure we didn’t ship any clothes we wanted to wear in the weeks before we left!

Our suitcase didn't show any unusual wear and tear.

Kathi

I haven't used the valet service but I have used DHL and Fedex in my business. DHL lost more packages than they delivered I'd be happy to use Fedex instead. Infact I wouldn't use the service if it was with DHL.

Anthony

I haven't used the valet service but I have used DHL and Fedex in my business. DHL lost more packages than they delivered I'd be happy to use Fedex instead. Infact I wouldn't use the service if it was with DHL.

Anthony

as of jauary 15th, DHL will no longer be doing business in the United States. FED EX is the service to use.

FYI since all FED EX GROUND and ED EX HOME DELIVERY are Independant Contractors, they only get paid when the delivery is made. therefore, every attempt is made to get that package delivered promptly. 3 attempts does not mean payment 3 times, it means 3 wastes of time. Also, complaints cost them as much as $200 so the drivers do everything they can to take special care of your package. You can understand why DHL is going out of business. Poor management and very poor on time service

as of jauary 15th, DHL will no longer be doing business in the United States. FED EX is the service to use.

Actually, DHL is still in business in the USA. However, only for shipments overseas. They have exited only the domestic package shipping business.

Archived