Bringing drinks on board?

DanielBu

Hello everybody,

we are considering a cruise on the Azamara Journey for March 2009 (Caribbean). As coming from Germany makes it a more expensive trip, we are travelling on a limited budget.

To save some money, we would like to bring some softdrinks on board. We know, that it is not allowed (or limited) for alcoholic drinks, do you think we will be allowed to brink softdrinks on board? Has anybody tried that already?

Thank you for any advice given.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

I cannot speak for Azamara, but as for sister line Celebrity, we've never had a problem bringing non-alcoholic beverages onboard at start or even while in port.

We tend not to like to pay the high prices for bottled water, and never have had a problem taking flat or sparkling bottled water in from the ports.

Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that if you're booked in a Sky Suite or higher (I'm guessing the OP is not since he's on a budget, but others might be), the sodas and large bottle of Evian water in your stateroom are complimentary, so there's no need to bring them onboard.:)

There are several juice/punch/iced tea dispensers in the buffet, and I believe that they are available 24 hours, even when the buffet is closed. I remember lemonade, iced tea and punch in the beginning of the cruise. They switched to orange juice instead of lemonade at one point (probably ran out of lemonade, oh, let's not go there).

The only free water is what comes from the tap, but it's perfectly drinkable stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

just a question, I think they let you bring a bottle of wine on board as you first board. Someone said bring in luggage, most cruise line xray and check quite close, Can you also bring a couple of bottles of wine back aboard after excussions. Just questioning if azamara quite strick this way 26 day cruise we like to have a bottle of wine on the veranda before supper. Also is roomservice resonable? Princess line I could get a 12 oz bottle of rum for about $16.00 US. Thanks for any info. Sailing April 7 Quest. Singapore to Greece, throgh Pirate alley we might need a drink

just a question, I think they let you bring a bottle of wine on board as you first board. Someone said bring in luggage, most cruise line xray and check quite close, Can you also bring a couple of bottles of wine back aboard after excussions. Just questioning if azamara quite strick this way 26 day cruise we like to have a bottle of wine on the veranda before supper. Also is roomservice resonable? Princess line I could get a 12 oz bottle of rum for about $16.00 US. Thanks for any info. Sailing April 7 Quest. Singapore to Greece, throgh Pirate alley we might need a drink

There are people who bring their 2 bottle wine in their carry ons as well in the checked luggage. They do not bother checking on who is matched with the carry ons.

I have also heard of some who buy wine in ports and put it in backpacks and bring it on board with no problems. I have also heard of those who have it taken away until the last day. So better to try than not. Reguardless, have a great cruise.

There are people who bring their 2 bottle wine in their carry ons as well in the checked luggage. They do not bother checking on who is matched with the carry ons.

I have also heard of some who buy wine in ports and put it in backpacks and bring it on board with no problems. I have also heard of those who have it taken away until the last day. So better to try than not. Reguardless, have a great cruise.

thanks for the reply

Can you also bring a couple of bottles of wine back aboard after excussions.

When we were on Quest in October they checked alcohol purchases pretty carefully when returning from ports. We didn't attempt to bring wine on (other than at embarkation) but I had one bottle of beer in my backpack in a Greek port and they took note of my name and cabin number...but they did let me keep it. Monitoring on Journey seems to be a little more lax according to posts that I've read here.

• 1 month later...

does anyone just coming back from Quest have any answers on this Thanks

We have just returned from Quest going out on 14th Feb to Asia. We read all the info before we went and were nervous about taking drinks on board. If you take drinks in your luggage at the beginning they don't sem to check. I spoke to some people who took on wine boxes in their luggage and it was no problem. We always decanted our alcohol into plastic coke or water bottles and never got caught even though we bought them ashore. You always go through a scanner when returning onboard but if it does't look like alcohol it should be OK. If you bring onboard wine in the original bottles it will be confiscated. We saw bottles behind the desk. Have fun, wish I was going again!

We have just returned from Quest going out on 14th Feb to Asia. We read all the info before we went and were nervous about taking drinks on board. If you take drinks in your luggage at the beginning they don't sem to check. I spoke to some people who took on wine boxes in their luggage and it was no problem. We always decanted our alcohol into plastic coke or water bottles and never got caught even though we bought them ashore. You always go through a scanner when returning onboard but if it does't look like alcohol it should be OK. If you bring onboard wine in the original bottles it will be confiscated. We saw bottles behind the desk. Have fun, wish I was going again!

thanks for feed back

• 1 month later...
One of the many reasons why DW & I would never, ever sail on A. That's on eof the reasons why we stay with O.:D

I find that A's fares are quite a bit cheaper than O's. Enough to fund quite a large number of drinks in the bar. :)

(I will admit that it is irritating to be told I can't bring on alcohol for my own use, even though we couldn't be bothered to do it in the past on Celebrity when they allowed it.)

Lisa

One of the many reasons why DW & I would never, ever sail on A. That's on eof the reasons why we stay with O.:D

Just came back from Journey. No problem bringing liquor onboard. Haven't seen any confiscated bottles..

Leonid, isn't the price diff between O and A is way more than cost of drinks onboard? maybe you get some other perks from O?

But yeah, confiscating bought liquor is stupid and insulting.

Archived