Ncl pb&j

mailbroad

LOL.. if you have read that PB&J's are so good on NCL, I would bet out of ten times reading that at least 9 times was me writing it. I really can't explain why they are so good. First of all they are double decker. One layer of peanut butter and one layer of grape jelly. There is just the right amount of peanut butter and the right amount of jelly. And the crusts are cut off. DARN IT.. now you have me craving one and I can't make one as good as they do..LOL

It is a silly thing to remember about cruising, but it is one thing I can not wait to get back onboard for.

I hope it's different than what they put on the breakfast buffet on our Sun cruise. This was absolutely the worst peanut butter and the "jelly" was that high fructose corn syrup glop! I am not being mean, just stating a fact for our trip! :D I am 47 and I was discussing this with an older couple who also love peanut butter (I thought maybe my taste buds were off?) lol! I ended up buying some whole fruit jams in port and taking them with me to breakfast.

I hope it's different than what they put on the breakfast buffet on our Sun cruise. This was absolutely the worst peanut butter and the "jelly" was that high fructose corn syrup glop! I am not being mean, just stating a fact for our trip! :D I am 47 and I was discussing this with an older couple who also love peanut butter (I thought maybe my taste buds were off?) lol! I ended up buying some whole fruit jams in port and taking them with me to breakfast.

I think it would have to be the same, as I can't see them having one brand for the buffet and then one just for room service PB&J's. I think it is delicous, but I have to confess I never had any from the buffet, so they could be different. And I am glad they use the jelly they do for the PB&J's. If I bit into one and there was a hunk of fruit in it I don't know what I would think. I do like jams for toast, etc, but for my PB&J's I like the cheap ol' probably very little fruit in it gloppy and full of high corn syrup grape jelly.. 8-)

Man - I was on the Jade recently for 12 days and never even looked at the room service menu - so I missed out on the PB&J:mad:

And though I like nice, organic, fruity jams at breakfast - for a PB&J, good old high fructose jelly is a requirement for me, too!!!

Boy, am I hungry:eek:

• 3 months later...
LOL.. if you have read that PB&J's are so good on NCL, I would bet out of ten times reading that at least 9 times was me writing it. I really can't explain why they are so good. First of all they are double decker. One layer of peanut butter and one layer of grape jelly. There is just the right amount of peanut butter and the right amount of jelly. And the crusts are cut off. DARN IT.. now you have me craving one and I can't make one as good as they do..LOL

It is a silly thing to remember about cruising, but it is one thing I can not wait to get back onboard for.

Hi Terrymtex01 - Just wanted to let you know we just got off the Pearl. I tried to order the PB&J...they currently are not serving it due to the PB issues. I was surprised.. I figured most of that was recalled by now and they would have started using it again. Anyway... I knew it was one of your favorites and you had raved about it. I tried... maybe by the time you sail again it will be offered.:eek:

Do you have a choice of jelly flavors...I like berry of some sort: strawberry, blackberry, boysenberry, etc. I don't care for grape, however.

DT

Hi Terrymtex01 - Just wanted to let you know we just got off the Pearl. I tried to order the PB&J...they currently are not serving it due to the PB issues. I was surprised.. I figured most of that was recalled by now and they would have started using it again. Anyway... I knew it was one of your favorites and you had raved about it. I tried... maybe by the time you sail again it will be offered.:eek:

I AM SO SORRY... I would have thought they had them by now as well. If they don't have them by this Nov, I will be so sad...How was the rest of your cruise? Did you post a review? I will search and see if I can find it if you did.

Do you have a choice of jelly flavors...I like berry of some sort: strawberry, blackberry, boysenberry, etc. I don't care for grape, however.

DT

DT.. although I don't know for sure.... I have found they will do just about anything to make your vacation very special. So at least ask them. I have to admit I like Strawberry or Blackberry better myself, but I will eat theirs with grape any day.. 8-)

I have read several references to the great PB&J on the room service menu! DH and I love PB&J and are wondering what you think makes them so good?

We tried to order the PB&J sandwiches on our cruise (Spirit) and we were told that due to the recall they didn't have any PB. We sailed in Feb. so they may have PB now.

Archived