ohioNCLcruiser

OceanDreaming2

There used to be a 6 month wait before changing from one fleet to the other. Is that still in effect?

DS may be transfering to the Spirit in May. His GF signs on next week. Maybe you'll all meet up there.

Hmm they didn't say anything about having to wait becasue of a 6 month rule so I'm not sure. Could be. I know that right now they are fully staffed with Receptionists.

Let me know if he is sent to the Spirit. Even if I'm still waiting I'm going to cruise a few times on her before I sign on so it would be nice to say hello.

Told to take 1600 mg ibuprofen every 12 hours for 48 hours before surgery. 30 minutes & I was done with the surgery. Doc put green tea bags over each "hole" for me to bite on. No rinsing or eating for half a day. Put a thick towel over your pillow to take a nap when you get home for the blood that may be in your saliva. But no problem, eating in 2 days.

James.. be sure and have your dentist or oral surgeon explain to you what symptoms you will have if you start getting a "dry socket". You need to be mindful of that when you are recovering. A dry socket is literally the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life as far as physical pain and they wil not simply go away. You will need a simple medical application done by the dentist or oral surgeon if you get one and the pain will be gone within minutes. Not trying to scare you at all.. you know you are my friend.. I'm just trying to help look out for your well being.

James.. be sure and have your dentist or oral surgeon explain to you what symptoms you will have if you start getting a "dry socket". You need to be mindful of that when you are recovering. A dry socket is literally the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life as far as physical pain and they wil not simply go away. You will need a simple medical application done by the dentist or oral surgeon if you get one and the pain will be gone within minutes. Not trying to scare you at all.. you know you are my friend.. I'm just trying to help look out for your well being.

Terry.

Maybe he can put some "clotted cream" on his "dry socket" (HAHA! I am having a word problem this week)

Sandy

crewmom - will your son be on the Jewel for the March 20th sailing? If so, I'll be sure to look for him.

He's moving around a lot this contract but he should be back from the Sixthman "Cayamo" charter on the Dawn by then. Anyone going for the "Bare Naked Ladies" charter will definitely see him on the Jewel.

Hmm they didn't say anything about having to wait becasue of a 6 month rule so I'm not sure. Could be. I know that right now they are fully staffed with Receptionists.

Let me know if he is sent to the Spirit. Even if I'm still waiting I'm going to cruise a few times on her before I sign on so it would be nice to say hello.

Maybe they figured it wouldn't be an issue due to being staffed at the moment. Just know that has come up before with other employees. When DS was asked to bring out PofA, he turned it down because he wouldn't be allowed to go back and forth with the Int'l fleet. It was one fleet or the other.

Hope you hear today so you can make your plans. Maybe take a few classes in the meantime?

James trust me you do not want dry socket. I got it when I had 2 of my wisdom teeth taken out and it was the worst pain ever. I've had 6 knee surgery's including one 8 weeks ago to repair my acl and I would have another one over getting dry socket.

Do as your doctor says, dont use a straw and dont smoke, that's what i did.

Oh yea and me seven

By the way James, You obviously have some specific goals in mind in terms of your career - I would love to hear what your long term dreams are - for example are you hoping to become a Hotel Director/Manager? Concierge? You are obviously a people-person and seem to be very interested in the cruise industry. Just curious!

Continuing to wait with bated breath on your next contract!

cpcanuck

By the way James, You obviously have some specific goals in mind in terms of your career - I would love to hear what your long term dreams are - for example are you hoping to become a Hotel Director/Manager? Concierge? You are obviously a people-person and seem to be very interested in the cruise industry. Just curious!

Continuing to wait with bated breath on your next contract!

cpcanuck

I'm actually going to be writing a blog entry about this soon. Keep an eye on my site http://www.shipblogger.com and I will post it there soon.

James

I'm actually going to be writing a blog entry about this soon. Keep an eye on my site www.shipblogger.com and I will post it there soon.

James

I will do that! I can't believe how many people are following your journey! It's really quite amazing. Continuing to keep my fingers crossed...although after this long, I think I may have lost the feeling in my fingers :D:D:D

Have a great weekend James!

cpcanuck

Archived