Oceanview Stateroom with Porthole 5A

goodyearcruiser

Hello All!

My wife and I are taking our first cruise and we are going on Carnival Imagination. I found out our room is a 5A to the front with two portholes instead of a picture window. Has anyone stayed in a simaler room and can you give any information?

Window or porthole we are excited to be crusing and don't expect to stay in the room much anyway!:p

Hello All!

My wife and I are taking our first cruise and we are going on Carnival Imagination. I found out our room is a 5A to the front with two portholes instead of a picture window. Has anyone stayed in a simaler room and can you give any information?

Window or porthole we are excited to be crusing and don't expect to stay in the room much anyway!:p

Oooh I loved this cabin!! I have pics will go and find them!:D

We stayed in a 5A cabin last year on the fascination. I thought it was fine. the cabin will be in the front of the ship. We had 2 cabin numbers, R21 and R23. We are going on the Inspiration in April and will have a 6A cabin with a picture window, but I would not hesitate to stay in a 5A again. We had booked an IS guarantee and was upgraded to the 5A previously. This time the price difference was so small that we went ahead to do the picture window to see what it was like.

HeeHee that's what I thought when I walked in:eek:

No they are actually solid metal hatches that swing over the plexiglass or whatever those windows are made of...:D

So you can actually close them and make it dark in the room? We have these cabins in 4 days on the Inspiration and have never been in a 5a..

HeeHee that's what I thought when I walked in:eek:

No they are actually solid metal hatches that swing over the plexiglass or whatever those windows are made of...:D

Thought I was going to be able to fish from my cabin for a moment.....

Thanks again for the pics Floatie!

Had one too on the Destiny same time as Floatie....They were great. Have had insides before which work, but if I don't have light in the cabin I can sleep a whole day away.

They remind me of older times when that is all ships had...

Here are some 5A pics. from Inspiration, the cabins on Imagination should look the same since they are sister ships. I hope they offer one of these to us again, I liked being able to shut the covers on the portholes. Once closed and tightened, no light comes in. So it was nice having the total darkness of an interior room (for sleeping in), and a decent view.

232323232%7Ffp43249%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B894%3A7nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43243%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B869%3A%3Anu0mrj

Here are some 5A pics. from Inspiration, the cabins on Imagination should look the same since they are sister ships. I hope they offer one of these to us again, I liked being able to shut the covers on the portholes. Once closed and tightened, no light comes in. So it was nice having the total darkness of an interior room (for sleeping in), and a decent view.

232323232%7Ffp43249%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B894%3A7nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43243%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B869%3A%3Anu0mrj

Sweet pics! Thanks bud! See ya in a few days!

Thought I was going to be able to fish from my cabin for a moment.....

Thanks again for the pics Floatie!

You don't have to fish...the fish come to you! ;)

Paradise%20Cruise%202004%20045%20%28Small%29%20%28WinCE%29.jpg

This was taken on the Paradise a few years ago...the fish was in the porthole at the beginning of the cruise and stayed for the whole week!

• 2 months later...

I really appreciate seeing the pictures of the 5a room on Inspiration. I have a 5a on the main deck in May... and was beginning to get a little worried about it and half thinking of trying to upgrade to picture window ov. I don't think I have anything to worry about now.

I was reading on a different thread that the portholes are like looking through binoculars. Is that true? That might make me dizzy. I have terrible claustrophobia and vertigo. Any info on this is also greatly appreciated.

These are from the Destiny:D

d899db0f.jpg

9f529e23.jpg

f7189b7c.jpg

Where does everyone sleep? That looks like a twin sized bed. We were going to get a 5A, but wanted a picture window. We have 4 in our room and they told us there would be 2 beds that we could put together, one sofa bed and one pullman above the sofa bed.

Anyone have any pictures of a 6A?

Where does everyone sleep? That looks like a twin sized bed. We were going to get a 5A, but wanted a picture window. We have 4 in our room and they told us there would be 2 beds that we could put together, one sofa bed and one pullman above the sofa bed.

Anyone have any pictures of a 6A?

The photo from Destiny is a picture of a 1A cabin with portholes, not a 5A.

Archived