Views on Arcadia

Nippy Sweetie

Thanks Britboys, have checked those sites. Very interesting and, I think really confirms that the Arcadia cruise is the one for us -despite the Atrium situation!! Its the company that makes a holiday for us and from the posts I think it would be great to share a table with you all- a large one obviously!! Am now playing TAs off against each other. Its mean I know but its everyone for themselves in these credit crunched days.

We love Arcadia, and having been on her 8 times and are confirmed addicts. As mentioned previosly, not everybody likes her, but she has a growing band of supporters. We go on holiday to 'chill out', and Arcadia is just the place for us. As for the atrium, trying getting a seat in the Piano Bar half an hour before dinner!

Hilary & Richard

I agree in everyother aspect Arcadia as the Ventura beat. But for me I like decor and the vibe of Atrium on the Ventura, I hope the Azura follows the Ventura with a similar Atrium.

Stopgo

I agree with you Stopgo:eek:

Venturas atrium is bigger than Arcadias and very impressive.

:)

I just can't believe anybody would prefer Arcadia Atrium to Ventura's Atrium. Which ever level you judge it by Arcadia can't compete in this aspect. I like to hear what other Ventura passengers think about the Atrium.

No one is saying ARCADIAS atrium is better than Venturas stopgo.....we were just replying to your comment that Arcadia didn't have one.... ;)

Thanks Britboys, have checked those sites. Very interesting and, I think really confirms that the Arcadia cruise is the one for us -despite the Atrium situation!! Its the company that makes a holiday for us and from the posts I think it would be great to share a table with you all- a large one obviously!! Am now playing TAs off against each other. Its mean I know but its everyone for themselves in these credit crunched days.

Glad to hear you are convinced. Looking at the pics of the new Cinema and Aquarius Bar, I half wish we were back on Arcadia this year instead of being on Oriana :)

I really cannot see the point of an atrium. Takes up far more space than a stairwell, and is just a fashion thing. The wow factor on entering the ship wasn't present on MV Arcadia (at least for me) although it was on RMS Queen Elizabeth 2, which had no atrium at all, merely the stunning Midships Lobby.

My memory of Arcadia was far too much brown, too much beige and far too many chavs. But it was a weekender.

And the food was absolutely dreadful. I've done shorter cruises on RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 and had superb food - so the "two nighter" factor is not intrinsically to blame.

And I've never seen a Cunard crew member chewing gum - but did see an Arcadia waiter doing just that. Revolting.

For what it is worth, we found the cabin cramped. Too much furniture. It was a stern corner on deck C. Starboard side. Memory says C193, but I'm sure I can't be trusted on that.

And it had those dreadful card operated locks. Please, cruise lines, give us KEYS!

And it had those dreadful card operated locks. Please, cruise lines, give us KEYS!

It doesn't seem fair to hold that against Arcadia especially: card keys are universal these days.

In fact do any lines still use traditional keys? (Let's leave out the true luxury lines.) There are just too many advantages to having programmable card keys.

It doesn't seem fair to hold that against Arcadia especially: card keys are universal these days.

In fact do any lines still use traditional keys? (Let's leave out the true luxury lines.) There are just too many advantages to having programmable card keys.

You're right - they do appear universal. Of course RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 had real keys.

I can't see a single advantage of cards however. Not from my perspective.

The QE2 keys were quite large & awkward to carry about. Didnt really mind though just as I dont really mind about key cards as they are so common in hotels these days.

I`m sincerely hoping for a distinct lack of chavs on board! However, it shouldnt be too hard to find some nice people who are good company. I`m not a bit fussy about atria! We`ll try to lose a bit of weight before we go so we can fit round all the furniture in our cabin!!

Will take husband to Barbers for his annual shave first. Will let him keep the horns though! I`ll probably just have a nice pedicure. I like to have my hooves nice for the formal dress occasions! Strangely we rarely have to queue.......

Lucky we`re not travelling cattle class on our flight to Southampton!

I really cannot see the point of an atrium. Takes up far more space than a stairwell, and is just a fashion thing.

Absolutely agree with you there Bearly - all done for 'show' and certainly would not make a great improvement to any cruise for me.

My memory of Arcadia was far too much brown, too much beige and far too many chavs. But it was a weekender.

It is strange how a lot of people find Arcadia too Beige. For me, the Beige walls are a good foil for the vibrantly coloured soft furnishings that abound. Pleased to say that I haven't come across any 'chavs' on my 2 Arcadia cruises (unlike the Aurora Cruise to the Canaries in 2007).

And the food was absolutely dreadful.

Sorry you found that Bearly. The food on both my Arcadia cruises was of the usual high P&O standard.

For what it is worth, we found the cabin cramped. Too much furniture.

Our 2 inside cabins both had plenty of space - it is one of the things that Arcadia is known for. Maybe you need to steer clear of the 'expensive seats'.

Sounds like they are having a great time on the Arcadia Grand Voyage at the moment.

Nippy /Jean

Did you see my Arcadia cruise to Venice photos?

Its a lovely cruise.

Jean

Haven't been on Oriana Yet! going on there in 17 weeks, for first time, its whitson week but hoping what Brian says is correct and it won't be too bad with too many children... I reckon the families are all trying the big family-friendly Ventura now ...but whatever, I want to experience Oriana and Oceana this year.

Glad to hear you are convinced. Looking at the pics of the new Cinema and Aquarius Bar, I half wish we were back on Arcadia this year instead of being on Oriana :)

Just returned from Arcadia Christmas cruise which was soooooo good. The new cinema is sooooooo comfortable but only has 30 leather reclinning seats. A big problem when Mamma Mia was being screened. However, it was screened several times in the Palladium.

We love the Arcadia. We have tried the Oceana and Aurora but the Arcadia is our favourite. :)

We went from Southampton to the Caribbean last year on the Arcadia and were so impressed with the ship and service we have booked 2 more cruises this year on the Arcadia, the Med in April and the Canaries in October, also we only live 25 minutes from Southampton so our holiday starts immediately on arrival at the port. I know this is controversial but we prefer not to have children around and after trying the other P & O ships this has now become a priority.

Archived