Mariner memories...So long beauty!

skyking

Btw Vision of the Seas is also leaving LA for the last time today, so guess that @ the West coast someone will also drop some tears.

Vision of the Seas is headed to the east coast. While not as big as Mariner, this is a wonderful ship also. Can't wait to sail with Vision to the Caribbean in the future!

As I sit here and watch the webcam from PC, looking at the Mariner gleam in the sunlight just brings back so many memories. In 2003 when I sailed on the Mariner maiden voyage, I had no idea that one ship would become so close to my heart. I have sailed her many times, fell in love on her, sailed on my honeymoon on her, met good friends on her ( The Pirates) and was just proud to call the best ship, with the best crew, and best two Captains in the industry, and I was also proud to call her our hometown ship. Now today I will drop my folks off at the pier as they venture out for 46 days of fun, I will shed a tear, take some pictures, and just wait until May for Freedom to arrive, and hope we can be so lucky with her. I will go to Grills only on occasion now on Sundays, and look down the alley way and wonder where she is at that moment...SO LONG MARINER, we will miss you so badly, and as Jimmy Buffett said in a great song " IT'S BEEN A LOVELY CRUISE" and of course SAIL ON MARINER, SAIL ON:(

Tim

(Music playing) "You say goodbye and I say hello..."

It will be so lovely to have the Mariner on our coast now. We last cruised on her during her inaugural season. Loved her! Yippee!:D

beachchick

Archived