Tours In The Rain?

I read on a general tourist site for Vila that tours don't run if the weather is wet. We're going in March and while I'm prepared for rain, I had assumed that P&O would still run the shore tours. I didn't think that the people of Vila or the ship would want to miss out on the potential proceeds of 2000 people arriving in town. I have read of cancelled tours but I thought this usually occured because of delays arriving into port. Can people please tell me what they have found to be the norm during rain in either Vila or Noumea.

Debbie.

I read on a general tourist site for Vila that tours don't run if the weather is wet. Debbie.

I think they probably say that to cover themselves.

If it was only a tropical shower that was passing over I dont think they would worry...BUT when it rains heavily there it comes down in bucket fulls and even the drains on the side of the roads can become raging torrents.

We were there after some heavy rain and the roads were full of very large pot holes.

It also takes a while up there, to get around to fixing them:D

yes they go ahead. we went on a tour in Luganville and it was crazy raining the whole time. i thought it would be cancelled as it was a canoeing tour, but none were. everyone got drenched! also in Vila two years ago there was a thunderstorm complete with lightning and rain like you wouldn't believe. the tour still went ahead.

Hi,

Two years ago we docked in Vila and it was Raining the Locals kept on saying it was the first decent rain they had for Months!! We went back to the Ship after Shopping and the Sides of the Road where the Drains were had Water Gushing down them and out onto the Road, the size of their Drains are HUGE and they couldn't cope!!

They Cancelled both our Tours due to the Weather.:(

1. Paraflying was cancelled because of the amount of Rain that was falling, - Hey if the Parachute gets too wet and it won't stay up who am I to argue. :D

2. Jet Boating was Cancelled because it was too Rough - I didn't think it was but it's saftey they have in mind and I for one am happy to have my Tour Cancelled if it means I can continue my Cruise Intact etc.

All Shore Tours Cancelled by P&O are Refunded off your Cruise Card.

That all being said and done, We have booked Jet Boating Again this time as well as the Underwater Walk so I Fingers Crossed for this time.

It's Tropical so we just get wet and dry off when we are finished for the day, We didn't care, don't think the Bus Drivers did either most of the Buses didn't even have Windows to close against the Rain!! and Boy was it FUN :D:D

I remember it was so wet that when we got our Alchohol delivered on the last night all the writing on the Duty Free paperwork had run and we were unable to be read any of it!!

I guess it will depend on the which tour it is.

We've done the Lagoon Cruise and one of the town sightseeing tours in the rain in Vila.

The more adventureous ones like the parasailing, diving, jet skiing etc might be affected by the rain.

Archived