ECO kayak, hike, snorkel - anybody do this?

chickadee1

My DH and I will be in St. Thomas in June and would like to do the ECO kayak, hike, snorkel excursion. Is it any good? We have kayaked before but never snorkeled. How about water shoes for snorkeling? Are they necessary to protect feet? Any info is greatly appreciated.

May 28 EOS 9 day Eastern Caribbean

• 2 weeks later...

Chickadee, keep in mind that the snorkeling with VI Eco is not near a coral reef, so you'll more than likely see different wildlife than if snorkeling in another area. You might not see as many colorful fish as you might see at say Coki Beach, because it's a different habitat.

My husband and I did this tour in June and enjoyed it; the snorkling wasn't great but it was interesting, we saw a large conch, a small shark, angelfish. It was a nice day, away from the crowds, learning about the eco system. I wore my water shoes but when we snorkled we were told not to put our feet down while in the water because it disturbs the eco system. The hike is nice , make sure you take a waterproof camera, good photo op. They sell a pic cd for $40 , we passed on that and now I wished I had bought it (our camera didn't work right:( and the pics didn't process.

Archived