Miami oceanfront hotel January 29th

racepoint

We need a hotel for just one night prior to cruise departure on Jan. 30th out of Miami. I would really like to be beachfront but don't want to pay a ton (I know, I know . . . who does???) Any suggestions? I already went to www.biddingfortravel.com to see what people are bidding and nothing comes up for this date or even general vicinity. I'm unfamiliar with the names of hotels where cruisers like to stay (i.e not too far from cruise port.) It's only for one night so I can't be that picky. Just thought it would be nice to take a stroll on the beach and maybe a swim in the pool to unwind prior to cruise. The other thing that I need to mention is that this is the Thurs. before Super Bowl weekend, but even with the Super Bowl in Tampa, will this affect Miami airport travel and hotels????

We need a hotel for just one night prior to cruise departure on Jan. 30th out of Miami. I would really like to be beachfront but don't want to pay a ton (I know, I know . . . who does???) Any suggestions? I already went to www.biddingfortravel.com to see what people are bidding and nothing comes up for this date or even general vicinity. I'm unfamiliar with the names of hotels where cruisers like to stay (i.e not too far from cruise port.) It's only for one night so I can't be that picky. Just thought it would be nice to take a stroll on the beach and maybe a swim in the pool to unwind prior to cruise. The other thing that I need to mention is that this is the Thurs. before Super Bowl weekend, but even with the Super Bowl in Tampa, will this affect Miami airport travel and hotels????

Go to hotwire, put in Miami, number of people, and Miami Beach, South Beach, and Key Biscayne and see if anything comes up in your price range.

If you have four people remember this, a standard hotel in South Beach is for two people and a room for four people is an upgrade. Don't even think about trying to cram four people in a room for two. They deal with this all the time.

we stayed at the Doubletree Surfcomber a few weeks ago...it was wonderful...very clean, great service. The pool was fantastic, the beach was nice, but freezing cold water. Parking was $39/night...no shuttle to the port. We paid $199 with tax for an advance purchase discount.

South Beach is NOT all it's cracked up to be...you could stay somewhere cheaper with a great pool. Everything is SO expensive, and it was dirty & smelly, a loads of homeless peopl all over the place.

I got the intercontinental in Miami on hotwire for $96 for Jan 31st - myu cruise is leaving on 2/1

its not beach front but looks awesome - has great reviews on here and is a 4* hotel

good luck

DCP_0042.jpg

DCP_0049.jpg

DCP_0057.jpg

DCP_0096.jpg

If you are going to be in Miami just for one night, I would maybe consider staying downtown or at the airport especially if cost is an issue. I would agree with a previous poster that SB is very expensive whether it be hotels, drinks, meals, parking, etc. but it's a once in a lifetime (hopefully more for me) experience. With a big event going on in Miami, your going to be limited with number of rooms, cost, etc., plus it's starting to get high season.

I ended up getting a hotel on Priceline for one night. After a bit of "shopping" on the 'Net, I bid $140 for a 3* hotel in South Beach and got the New Clinton Hotel. It looks pretty intriguing and I'm happy with the outcome. I just think I bid too much $$. Live and learn.

I ended up getting a hotel on Priceline for one night. After a bit of "shopping" on the 'Net, I bid $140 for a 3* hotel in South Beach and got the New Clinton Hotel. It looks pretty intriguing and I'm happy with the outcome. I just think I bid too much $$. Live and learn.

$140 for a hotel in South Beach the end of January is not an overbid:)

Archived