On Board Credit Transfer from RCI

luvluv2cruise

Alright, I know the obvious answer to this question, but I thought I would put it out there to see if anyone has any past experience with this issue. I am a Diamond Member at RCI, supposingly one of their loyal customers. I recently cancelled my RCI cruise to the Med for Sept 09 and booked on the Summit for April 09. I had a $600 OBC on RCI for booking while on board my last cruise. When I booked the Summit I asked if I could transfer my credit over since I qualified for Captains Club Elite status with Celebrity AND if I had a booked a Celebrity cruise when I was onboard my previous cruise (at the same time I booked the Med and got the OBC) I would have qualified for OBC with Celebrity (I understand the amount of the OBC would have been less for 7 days than for 14). Of course, the answer was no, you can't transfer the OBC between lines. This just does not make sense to me. They would have given me the credit anyway (if I booked this on board), and they transfered my status. I just don't understand these idiosyncracies. Afterall, it is the same parent company. You would think they would honor a loyal customer no matter what.

Has anyone had any luck getting credits transfered between lines?:confused:

I had the same experience you had unfortunately. I had booked a partial transit Panama Canal cruise on RRCL for 10/09 while on board an RCCL cruise in 7/08. I received a $200 OBC credit and a balcony discuount because I was Diamond status. After I booked the cruise RCCL eliminated the partial Panama Canal transit and renamed the cruise as an Ultimate Caribbean cruise. While I was trying to decide on keeping my booking, my TA who is also a very good friend notified me about the 10/23 -X- Mercury repositioning cruise through the Canal. I immediately transferred my RCCL booking to the -X- cruise but was told that neither the OBC or the discount could be transferred even though my TA tried everything he could to at least get me the OBC. Bottom line-this is the policy and there is nothing you can do about it.

Archived