thankful

nurseblissful

hi everyone. i have not posted for a while. busy with a bunch of family/job/financial junk. we leave in less than 2 months to the sunny carribean with our buddies from our first cruise. thank goodness i paid for this cruise more than a year ago, or it would be a fantasy. and while i have had to down grade a lot of what i thought would be....i thought i would share why i am thankful for what i am going to do.....

our last cruise, we flew to ny (i HATE flying). we stayed at the crown plaza on times square. i am very ok with that. this time we are driving to fort lauderdale. and staying at the comfort inn, in hollywood. all the things i ordered for the last cruise (flowers, adult beverage, soda and coffee cards, fruit.....). not getting those. you know what? i am willing to bet that we have just as great a time as ever.....a beautiful ship, the best crew evar....and if we can't do all the excursions...then guess what? we sleep late..get room service and have lazy beach days with rum punch and seafood? REAllY! what was i b*tchin' about?????? good to read your posts.....feels like i found a special group of buddies that i had misplaced...lauri :)

hi everyone. i have not posted for a while. busy with a bunch of family/job/financial junk. we leave in less than 2 months to the sunny carribean with our buddies from our first cruise. thank goodness i paid for this cruise more than a year ago, or it would be a fantasy. and while i have had to down grade a lot of what i thought would be....i thought i would share why i am thankful for what i am going to do.....

our last cruise, we flew to ny (i HATE flying). we stayed at the crown plaza on times square. i am very ok with that. this time we are driving to fort lauderdale. and staying at the comfort inn, in hollywood. all the things i ordered for the last cruise (flowers, adult beverage, soda and coffee cards, fruit.....). not getting those. you know what? i am willing to bet that we have just as great a time as ever.....a beautiful ship, the best crew evar....and if we can't do all the excursions...then guess what? we sleep late..get room service and have lazy beach days with rum punch and seafood? REAllY! what was i b*tchin' about?????? good to read your posts.....feels like i found a special group of buddies that i had misplaced...lauri :)

Hi Lauri:

You are so right. Spending precious time with our loved ones is what matters most. :)

Enjoy that rum punch!

Very good to see you both posting :)

Lauri, yes spending time with the ones we love is the most important thing. Are you cruising on the Eurodam? If so I can assure you she is absolutely wonderful and I was to strike it rich I would go spend several more weeks on her :D And I certainly understand the change in financial situations.

You have a great attitude...just keep remembering that the worst day on a ship is still better than a good day on land...you're still on vacation.

What sailing will you be going on?

Great to hear from you, Lauri.

Not a hardship to sleep late in a wonderful HAL bed, awake to a smiling steward delivering room service and lounging on the ship with who you love. Sounds like a fantastic plan to me.

Now that you found your way back here, pull up a deck chair and hang around. :)

One of my all time favorite cruises was a 13 day sailing I did on the Amsterdam back in 2006. I went with a friend and we shared a balcony cabin. I was really worn out from a lot of work I was doing and planned this cruise pretty much just to relax. My friend was in the same situation. She was exhausted from a lot of work in the prior several months.

We did practically nothing the whole time. The only excursion I did was to parasail on Half Moon Cay. Half the ports I didn't even bother getting off the ship. We lounged around, ordered room service, relaxed on our balcony, watched DVDs and took naps. At night we enjoyed dinner in the dining room and then a drink or two in the Ocean Bar. I don't even think we bothered with any of the shows. While I ventured out during a couple of the port stops, just to take a look-see and maybe buy a refrigerator magnet or two, I honestly can't recall my friend ever leaving the ship.

I came back from that sailing so relaxed and so happy. I had renewed an old acquaintance with a friend I had met on an earlier cruise and spent a glorious 13 days with her ... just talking and laughing and relaxing.

Twas a wonderful cruise, and at a good price too.

No need to spend a lot to have fun. Some of the best vacations you can have involve very little of a cash outlay.

Blue skies and enjoy your cruise!

--rita

it is getting soooooo close. we are sailing on the noordam (again), and we leave march 4th. i should go to the dollar store and buy a tiara. ten delicious days of being the "queen". and i took 3 weeks off from work so when we get home, i can compose myself and adjust.....that makes me lol. :D lurking in your posts...lauri

Archived