It's official - I must try RCCL!

jimbug

Ok guys, you talked me into it.... Royal Caribbean it is.

Now, I need some help choosing ship/itinerary...I've narrowed it down to 2...

8-day on the Jewel in an Inside (San Juan/St Maarten/St Thomas/St John/Nassau)

7-day on the Navigator in a Promenade room (same stops as Jewel except no stop in St John)

I'm leaving my hubby at home for this trip (by the way, it's his webpage/photography you all have seen the great pictures at!)...so it'll be me and my 52-year-old mother (her first cruise). Since itinerary & price are basically the same, I guess I'm choosing between class of ship and if that extra day is important.

So...Voyager class versus Radiance class?? I know Voyager has the promenade and ice skating, etc...which I know I would take full advantage of....

but then there's the beautiful Jewel with her Thai-themed solarium and majestic dining room and centrum.....

...tough decisions.

Any thoughts?? Thanks bunches!

--Jimbug (wife of an extraordinarily good photographer who I cannot get addicted to cruising!!) :-)

Radiance class ships are simply beautiful and just the right size (IMHO). As far as ice skating...there are only limited opportunities for open skating. I did not find the shopping on Mariner's promenade to be any better than Radiance or Serenade (Jewel's sister ships)--just a little different atmosphere--and lots of congestion at times. Whichever you choose I am certain you will have a great cruise.

Archived