Bucerias beach in p.v. Help please

1gail1

I have searched the threads but have found very little info on the beaches in Bucerias can someone please help me are they sandy? clean? waves? etc and I understand you can take the bus there How do you know which bus to take and how do you know when to get off (at what stop)? Can any one tell me where to find the bus schedule pick up times and return times? any info would help.

Thanks

Bucerias is quite a ride from the cruise pier. Well past Nuevo Vallarta. The beaches are nice but the town is great. Lots of local shopping and some great beachside restaurants. El Chivero is awesome. We've dined there the past two visits to PV and loved it. The shrimp quesadillas are great and the marlin burritos were UNBELIEVABLE.

We've never taken the bus. We've always been at a resort in Nuevo so we just cab it. The cabs definitely take U.S. dollars as do the vendors and restaurants in Bucerias. I can't stop thinking about my marlin burritos. Totally unique, simple and delicious.

I have searched the threads but have found very little info on the beaches in Bucerias can someone please help me are they sandy? clean? waves? etc and I understand you can take the bus there How do you know which bus to take and how do you know when to get off (at what stop)? Can any one tell me where to find the bus schedule pick up times and return times? any info would help.

Thanks

Reference the transportation page at this web site (and maps) - http://www.vallarta-info.com/puerto-vallarta-transport.html

You will want to use an ATM (Autotransportes Medina de Puerto Vallarta) listed in the "Bay Busses" paragraph. You can catch the bus across the street from the port, at the west edge of the Sam's/Wal-Mart parking lot. The ATM bus is easy to identify vs. the local city busses.

Information (in English) is hard to find but a Google search for Autotransportes Medina de Puerto Vallarta will return quite a few sites. You will want to grab a bus headed for Punta de Mita and get off when the bus gets to Bucerias.

We haven't actually done this ourselves. You might consider visiting/joining the local Puerto Vallarta Bulletin Board - The Vallarta Scene to get first hand information from people that live in Vallarta and the surrounding area.

Watch the time ... Puerto Vallarta is in the Central time zone, and for most cruisers, Vallarta local time is one hour later (ie: 1 PM ship's time is 2 PM Vallarta local time). Bucerias, however, is located just enough west of Vallarta that it is located in the Mountain time zone (ie: should match ship's time). The resort area in Nuevo Vallarta, also in the Mountain time zone, keeps their clocks on central time to avoid confusing the tourists and I don't know if this also applies to Bucerias.

So, what I'm trying to tell you is don't trust any clock that you see while ashore. Make sure you have a watch set to ship's time and ensure you are back to the port before your ship sails.

Money - The US Dollar is widely accepted in the greater Vallarta area; US coins are not. You will do better with the busses if you use Mexican Pesos. Most bus drivers speak very little English and it may be difficult for them to figure out what to accept from you in USD's when you are trying to pay a 12 peso fare.

Enjoy!

Thank you MSN-travelers I will let you know how things go since we are leaving tonight and will be on the carnival pride tomorrow I am sure we will have an adventure five ladies on a bus to Bucerias, but your info will help us alot so thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an up date on our trip to Bucerias, we all got on the ATM bus right outside of Walmart, this was very easy to find, and headed up to toward Bucerias the man that loaded us on the bus said they would let us know when our stop was THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. We had a general idea of where we were going and a map of Bucerias but we could not see any street signs so we did not know where to get off. We ended up missing our stop and the driver (who did not speak any english) let us off in the middle of the HWY about 1/2 - 1 mile down the road. This was not to bad we all had a good walk and are laughing about the excursion.

Now for the beach, we had a fantastic, relaxing time at the beach in Bucerias this is a wonderful town I would highly reccomend this to anyone wanting to enjoy a nice day at a wonderful beach. All five of us ladies agreed that this was the best and most memorable experiance we had the whole cruise. Catching the bus back to Walmart was very easy, just flag down any ATM bus headed to Walmart and they will stop anywhere for you.

Archived