Grand Princess Sailing 18 Nov 2009

fpocody

Hi Everyone! Will be sailing on the Grand Princess in November, staying in a Grand Suite (L302). Has anyone stayed in this suite or any other cabins near this area of the Lido? Do you hear heaps of noise from the above deck?

We sailed on the Emerald in November 08, in a PH Cabin, which the Lido deck above housed the Pool areas. All hours of the night, you heard running, chairs moved etc.

Will this be the case for the Grand?

Also, I have read several negative threads about the Grand. I know its an older ship, and of course things are going to show its age. But heard it has just had a "wetdock" refurb. So things cannot be as bad???? Does anyone have anything positive about the Ship?

Many Thanks!:cool:

What you need to do is go up by the page numbers and where "Search this Forum" is just put in L302. All sorts of info comes up about that room and neighboring cabins. Also check the princess site and look at the deck plans for that ship.

Marilyn

By the way I forgot to tell you that thee is currently two people who are doing "Live from" the Grand. One is TotoKansas. She will probably report in every day.

marilyn

Hi Everyone! Will be sailing on the Grand Princess in November, staying in a Grand Suite (L302). Has anyone stayed in this suite or any other cabins near this area of the Lido? Do you hear heaps of noise from the above deck?

We sailed on the Emerald in November 08, in a PH Cabin, which the Lido deck above housed the Pool areas. All hours of the night, you heard running, chairs moved etc.

Will this be the case for the Grand?

Also, I have read several negative threads about the Grand. I know its an older ship, and of course things are going to show its age. But heard it has just had a "wetdock" refurb. So things cannot be as bad???? Does anyone have anything positive about the Ship?

Many Thanks!:cool:

We just got off her last month going to Greece, Turkey and Croatia. It was an absolutely fantastic time. We all loved it. Yes the ship is a little old, but they keep her shinning! I loved the ship. We sat out every night and watched "Movies Under the Stars" while snacking on pizza or french fries (best I have every had). The food was good, the service great, just brilliant.

Archived