I just checked out Carnival's Fun4All Promo...

9855donna

I recieved an e-mail this morning from my PVP. He said use DP3 for the current promotion.

E-mail Sanitized below:

"Introducing our FUN4ALL.(SM) So what's a FUN4ALL, anyway? you ask. It's your chance to save big time; and ours, to see you on one of our ships again soon. To get in on great freebies, just book your Carnival Cruise by January 23, and you'll get a Past Guest Discount PLUS a FREE^* Upgrade. Use Fare Code DP3. Call --------, your Personal Vacation Planner, at ------------- ext.----- to get started."

OK, so maybe I'm wrong. I just opened the email, skimmed it, and then deleted it. I know it said DP3, but maybe I'm not thinkin of the right promotion. What I'm thinkin of is the "past guest plus upgrade" promo..is this what the op is referring to?

That's not what it says on their website..maybe the pricing/upgrades/perks are the same

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun4all/default.aspx?WT.mc_id=Bhmpgflashfun4allevent

Cruise rates are in U.S. dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Fare code must be requested to receive promotion. No name changes. Offer combinable with Super Saver rates only. Government taxes and fees are additional for all guests. Full deposit required at the time of booking. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Category Restrictions and exclusions apply. Minimum purchase of category 4A is required. Best available stateroom upgrades available within like cabin categories (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview and Balcony to balcony). Limited ocean view upgrades may be available on select ships. Offer is applicable on select 3 – 12 day sailing through 12/18/09. Valid on new individual bookings made between 1/5/09 thru 1/23/09. Offer expires at 11:59PM EST on 1/23/09. Other sail dates in range slightly higher. Blackout dates may apply. Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code PFF. Ships' Registry: Panama & the Bahamas.

Rates for my Victory cruise are back down a little, using DP3. But I booked using P1S when it was out there and got a 4A upgrade to 4G at $549 and also got a $200 per person decrease on Miracle! :D

That sale code was the ONLY one that has EVER given me a lower rate PLUS several category upgrade.

Looking at PFF, all within a given category are the same price (so, technically, it's like getting an upgrade IF you want the higher level).

Using PFF - all Cat 4s are $719

Using DP3 - Cat 4 has 2 level upgrade, so to get the "top" Cat 4 cabin, you would have to book a 4E and be upgraded to 4G - at $689 pp.

Using B(est) - 4A starts at $719

So, for people who are NOT past guests, it looks pretty good. Of course, the vast majority of us ARE past guests, so most of these sales don't do much for us. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape when they don't give them a huge discount by using the sale codes. The sale codes are meant to entice first-time cruisers. We're already getting good rates and upgrades!

Archived