Eurodam ?s

odiesam

Family of 3 on the Eurodam in a VE balcony on the verandah deck for spring break cruise. Good ship? We have the As You Wish dining - we are at the point we like having our own table so this should work out best for us - am I right? The agent we used got us a midship balcony but I noticed on the deck plan it is a connecting cabin - will this be any louder? I also saw somewhere that the balcony cabins a deck down cat VF have solid steel - is this right? We told our agent to grab one of those as they are quite a bit less expensive if one becomes available but if it is solid steel I don't know if this is the case.

Have cruised Princess, RCCL & Carnival - this will be first time on HAL. Looking forward to this ship!

Thanks.

I can't answer all your questions but I'll take a stab at a couple.

Q. Good ship?

A. A resounding YES! She is beautiful and you will love her.

Q. Will a connecting balcony be louder?

A. No. The walls between all balconies are the same.

Have a great cruise!

Diane

Hi and welcome to HAL,

We were on the Eurodam last fall and had a great cruise. We have had connecting cabins (not that we knew the people next store) on other ships and have not heard any extra noise as result so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The VE cabin you have doesn't have the solid steel balcony and I would be happy about that as you can be sitting down and still see the view.

We had As You Wish dining on our Eurodam cruise, our first experience on HAL, but we have had PC (personal choice) on Princess before and had always liked it. HAL still has a little work to do with their version but we generally enjoyed our dinners both by ourselves, twice and with others twice. We ate at the Pinnacle, the Tamarind and Caneletto's on the other nights. We really enjoyed all three of the specialty restaurants and would recommend getting reservations as soon as you can as they fill up fast. The Pinnacle and Tamarind will cost you a little extra but the Italian restaurant, Caneletto's, doesn't have any extra cost and the food and service was excellent.

Have a great next cruise.

I had a VF with the steel railing, but that is quite forward. I didnt want too much rolling and apparently they are a tad noisey, I spent more to go up midship to a VE, just above the life boats. Think of it as a teeter todder

if you are in the middle you wont feel near as much mouvement.

although the seas are generally calm in Feb March anyways.

In life you get what you pay for I say!!

they do not obstruct your view at all, even if you are a deck higher when you look below you still see them, Whats there to see directly below, water.

I would have liked leaning over on the forward and seeing the ship cut through the water, but how long are you going to do that. in exchange I prefer the smoother ride midship. If you are sitting in your room you dont even see a lifeboat at all. its not a deal breaker thats for sure.

Archived