Eurodam - Retreat or Lido cabana?

southt00

Hi:

We currently have two retreat cabanas booked for an upcoming cruise. There are four of us. We are now unsure which cabana to book. The retreat cabanas seem a little far away from the pool but the lido cabanas look a little crowded. Does the level of service differ? We just want some deck space guaranteed for our sea days. Is it crowded on the lido deck? Is there alot of traffic passing by? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

T.

Yes, there is a lot of traffic by the cabanas on Lido Deck. Past the cabanas is the only route from the forward stairs/elevator to the pool or restaurant. Those cabanas also don't have any ventilation.

The Retreat cabanas aren't really that far from the pool---just a quick ride down the elevator, and through the spa. And they are soooo much quieter.

I just realized that the Retreat is two levels up from the lido pool area. I had it in my mind that it was just one level up...may make me rethink this option. One level up is just a stairway away...but two levels requires an elevator...and I don't know how I feel about going from the pool to the retreat via an elevator being wet.

We had a lido cabana on our cruise and had the last one on the far end towards the spa. People hardly noticed we were there because the space in front of us opened us to a wider area as opposed to a narrow aisle in front of the other cabanas. If you have kids or want to be close to the pool, you should get the lido. People say there is no ventilation, but I was in there, used it and there was plenty of circulation of air, even on port days. The retreat cabanas are great too, more private for sure, but a little windy from what I saw. Based on reviews the service was good. Our service was slow and not the best selection of fruit and water was never chilled. I do have one picture, its more of us and you really cant see the whole cabana.

Archived