NCL Pearl Jungle Gym

melmich

Can you take pictures of the Kids Club. I could show my kids before we leave in 2 weeks. Also, I would like to know if anyone in the kids club speaks french? My kids don't speak english and I know they would feel a lot more secure, if somebody understood what they are saying.

Thanks!

Can you take pictures of the Kids Club. I could show my kids before we leave in 2 weeks. Also, I would like to know if anyone in the kids club speaks french? My kids don't speak english and I know they would feel a lot more secure, if somebody understood what they are saying.

Thanks!

It just occurred to me... when will you be on the Pearl? There may be someone there now who speaks French but will be leaving... I'd hate for your kids to get on board expecting to be able to converse freely and then find difficulties.

Before some of our travels when I was a kid, my mom would bring home language tapes (this is the 70s, remember - no cds or computer programs! :)) for us to listen to. I was pretty much the only one who ever got anything out of them, but it really was helpful to be able to say a few functional things in Spain, for instance. Kids are especially susceptible to learning languages, also. I'm sure you could find all kinds of learning opportunities online that could help them learn enough to feel less nervous. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The jungle gym looks like fun for the kids; I'll have pictures up soon. I inquired about French speaking staff and was told that they'd had one until very recently and were expecting that there might be one or two again in the near future, but they couldn't give me any guarantees. It sounds like there are often people who speak other languages, including French.

We are leaving canada tomorrow to fly to Florida and will board the ship this Sunday. If there are people that speak french, it will be good, otherwise, I did teach the kids a few words to ask to go to the bathroom and to call mom and dad. They should be okay.

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures if you post them before tomorrow. If not, we will see it on Sunday.

Archived