Silvermoon vs. Shasa

mafig

We have been in contact with both Silvermoon and Shasa.

Silvermoon's price for their 5 hour "swimming w/turtles" is $110 and

Shasa's price for their 5 hour "swimming w/turtles" is $80.

OK, for you Silvermoon fans, what makes Silvermoon $60 per couple better? I know everyone loves Silvermoon, but I'm having a problem convincing DH that it's that much better.

I don't know about Shasa, but it may be the size of the boat that makes the difference. Silvermoon offers two price levels. The $110 per person rate is for the smaller catamaran, the SilverMoon II, for no more than 12 passengers. Silvermoon also has a bigger catamaran that takes more people, and if I remember, the bigger boat is priced around $80.

We decided to book the smaller boat, and we were really pleased that we did!! The service was excellent, the crew was friendly, the lunch was great. Really GOOD food, and all you can eat. It felt more like we were invited by friends on their personal sailboat, rather than being on a "tour." or "excursion." We saw the bigger boats, and we were SO glad that we had decided to book the smaller one. I'm sure the bigger boats are fine, but I can definitely say the $30.00 extra per person was well spent.

At the end of the cruise, we asked everyone what was the best day. Everyone agreed that "swimming with turtles in Barbados" was the best! I do think that being on the Silvermoon smaller boat really contributed to making that our best day. The turtles were amazing, but so was the boat, the crew, and the lunch!

~Vee

We have contacted Silvermoon; the only option we have been given is the smaller Cat. ($110). Maybe it's the time of the year, but we're going in March and all of the private excursions have availability (or maybe it's the economy). Shasa is also a small catamaran (also only holds 12).

You're sure to have a great time, whatever you decide. We were there this past December. There were lots of turtles, and our crew had cut-up fish to feed them, so the turtles came right up to us to get the fish. They were swimming all around us. We were told that it was OK to touch the turtles' shell, but not to touch their skin. Several of our group touched their shells...what an experience!

Have fun!

~Vee

Since I've not been on Shasa I can't compare. But I'll say this:

From the photos on their web site the Shasa looks fairly small. I have some photos of the Silver Moon Ii on my photo site here: http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/5625909_WgQJC#345665923_ZB2hb

Also, I notice the Shasa serves beaches for swimming and lunch - the Silver Moon Anchors - again I don't know which is the better experiance.

I guess I've had such a great time on the Silver Moon I'd hesitate to try something else unless it was full when I tried to book. We're headed for our 4th cruise with them on April 1!

...Also, I notice the Shasa serves beaches for swimming and lunch - the Silver Moon Anchors - again I don't know which is the better experiance....

That's what happens when I don't proof read what I typed.:(

What I meant to say was that the Shasa site seemed to indicate that they go to a beach for swimming and to serve lunch while the Silver Moon anchors off shore for lunch and swimming. Sorry for the poor wording in my prior post.

hi, i wanted to get 12pp silver moon deluxe crusie, but it'll full on the day i'm in Barbados. I heard many great reviews about this Deluxe Cruise, but waht about the Max of 25people Silver Moon Exclusive Cruise? has anyone been on? it's $90.

hi, i wanted to get 12pp silver moon deluxe crusie, but it'll full on the day i'm in Barbados. I heard many great reviews about this Deluxe Cruise, but waht about the Max of 25people Silver Moon Exclusive Cruise? has anyone been on? it's $90.

We have not been on it. But we've met people back on our cruise ship who did that one. They raved about having a great time on it as much as we did about the 12 person trip so I think it is a similar experience.

We have not been on it. But we've met people back on our cruise ship who did that one. They raved about having a great time on it as much as we did about the 12 person trip so I think it is a similar experience.

thanks for the info! i cannot wait for the first cruise!

Archived