Ruby jan 31 bridge player

Bridgeplayer@sea

My wife and i are looking to play bridge on our cruise.Does anyone have information on getting people together to play.

Normally, any cruise, over seven days will have a bridge director. On sea days there will be a talk in the morning, followed by organized play in the afternoon, these games are usually duplicate, [you can also earn points]. If there are a large number of players, some may play 'kitchen bridge' in the same room.

There are exeptions to this, for example, on one 14 day cruise out of F.L. there was no director, this was because in Barbados, after 7 days, half the passengers left the ship, and were replaced by a like amount of cruisers. A similar thing happened doing The Sea of Cortez.

If there is no director, it is normal to write your names, and cabin numbers on a list, in the card room, requesting bridge players to call you.

Good luck.:)

john

My DH and I have played bridge on every Princess cruise we have been on, I think. In each case, it was listed as an activity in the patter and we just showed up at the time and place listed. Sometimes it was duplicate bridge (which we've never played anywhere else but a cruise ship) and sometimes it was just people meeting other people with the same interest. Anyway, it has always worked out without a hassle and our bridge companions have always been a highlight of our trip. From our experience, there was no need to do anything but check the patter and then go from there. We have only once attended one of the bridge lectures and in fact, our last cruise was the only one I remember seeing bridge lessions offered.

My wife and i are looking to play bridge on our cruise.Does anyone have information on getting people together to play.

My Mother/Father In-Law play bridge all the time. If you would like to give me your e-mail address I am sure they would be up to playing.

Archived