Taxi Fare from Fredericksted to Carambola Resort

swigso

I am contemplating going to Carambola for the day. ( from Frederiksted) The beach reviews seem mixed) Seems like it might make sense to rent a car rather than take taxis, so as to be able to do a bit of touring as well...... Would hate to get there by taxi and find that the beach was lousy that day, and then be marooned.

I am contemplating going to Carambola for the day. ( from Frederiksted) The beach reviews seem mixed) Seems like it might make sense to rent a car rather than take taxis, so as to be able to do a bit of touring as well...... Would hate to get there by taxi and find that the beach was lousy that day, and then be marooned.

What is the cost of car hire?

The rates are in the $50 - $70 range, depending on the car and the various insurance rates etc (which you are already covered for in most cases with your own insurance.)

I will probably rent through airline points, but the thing to check is if the rental company will bring the car to the port, or if you have to taxi to the airport, which is a hassle and time lost. Some will, some won't.

To hire a taxi from F'sted pier to Carambola is between $25 and $30 each way for up to 2 people. Carambola is a pretty beach. I recommend that you bring water shoes because some areas can be rocky once you are in the water. There is plenty of sand on the beach :) The nice thing about Carambola is that it is a resort, so you have access to bathrooms, restaurant and drinks. If you decide to rent a car remember that we drive on the left in St. Croix.

Regards from Sunny St. Croix

Ellen

Archived