Pacific Dawn late in tomorrow

You too can watch by clicking the link below. You need to manually refresh the image but it's probably one of the clearest webcams around.

http://www.sydney-webcam.com/index.php?nav=cam1

Thats a great cam.

Ill be watching out to see if I can spot it. If you also the follow the bridge cam you can get an idea of where she is,but it does not always refresh and is quite often behind ,time wise.

Just got a text message from my wife who is on board P.D.

She says there's not enough signal for a phone call ... I'm surprised the text message worked.

At least they're almost within mobile phone range now.

Update ... 2.25pm

Wife texted again to say:

"Expect to enter heads 3:15pm with 2 tractor tugs. Lots of unhappy passengers. Ship has stopped ... Oops"

OH Dear :eek:

That doesnt sound good!!

Did you call her back for an update??

Well, webcam on P.D. has now stopped updating ... maybe P&O are too embarrased! :)

I texted my wife and asked her to text me when she sees land ... at which time I'll ring her to find out what's happening. I'll also update here.

Not in sight yet from my office vantage point, but there is a squall off the coast that is very much limiting how far to sea we can see.

Did see a tug off Shark Island heading out to see a few minutues ago though.

Bob

Hi and thanks to all above posters, My two sons (21 and 19) are sailing out on PD later today(tonight). We got the call yesterday that there would be a delay....always disappointing but no use sweating what you cant change.

We live in Kiama about 2 hours drive to the city so we'll have a first night dinner at home before driving up, with all dressing up and trying to create the cruise atmosphere here instead of missing the first night excitement.

Tania

I wonder if you kids ran into my kids Ha Ha :D

Icy

Wonder if your kids are now all hooked up and you will both become in-laws and be able to share christmas and bbq's in the future:D:eek:!!!! Hope you all like each other - at least you will have cruising as something in common and of course your kids!!:p (and grandkids in the future - perhaps)

Sorry - I was reading you both state wondering if your kids ran into each other and could not resist - very bad sense of humour:o!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if your kids are now all hooked up and you will both become in-laws and be able to share christmas and bbq's in the future:D:eek:!!!! Hope you all like each other - at least you will have cruising as something in common and of course your kids!!:p (and grandkids in the future - perhaps)

Sorry - I was reading you both state wondering if your kids ran into each other and could not resist - very bad sense of humour:o!!!!!!!!!

HHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA Thats too funny !:eek:

Luv Icy

... I can see a white blob off the Gap area ...

Not a white elephant is it Bob? :)

My earlier report that PD was going through the heads was based on my wife's live report. She's definately geographically challenged. :D

Not a white elephant is it Bob? :)

My earlier report that PD was going through the heads was based on my wife's live report. She's definately geographically challenged. :D

Yeah, definitely looks like a white elephant.

Now officially in the Harbour, just off Middle Head starting its run down towards Bradleys Head.

Can understand how your wife might be confused ... I have one too ... truth is though that North Head and South Head are not longitudinally aligned, so hard to tell where "going through the heads" starts.

With the Dawn just about back to port, this has been interesting viewing via the web cams & posts. However the problems for the passengers who live outside of Sydney getting back home is still ahead of them.

For those awaiting departure we hope it is a quick & easy fix so you & get in all your ports of call and enjoy smooth & trouble free sailing.

Archived