Fascination Review with lots of pics 12/27/08-1/1/09

jump4jai

I forgot to mention an hour before dinner they had a reception in the Palace for past Carnival guests. It was similar to day 2 with hors d'oeuvres and mixed drinks. The drinks were FREE so remember to grab 2 or 3 when the waiter comes around!

Were both the past guest party and welcome aboard parties held in the Palace theatre?

Enjoyed your review and pictures of your cruise, the Fascination was my first cruise back in Mar 08. We had a ball, I will say that our life boat drill only lasted maybe 10min, and we were well on deck before sailing out.

Is anyone else having a problem seeing the pictures I am posting???

Georgiagolfer - yes, day 2 and day 3 parties before dinner were both in the Palace. The one on day 3 for past guests only has one sitting so I suggest getting there early to get a good seat. We liked to sit in the second or third rows because the waiters would come around more often than in the back rows. The palace has a second level but we never sat up there so I don't know how service was and I definitely wouldn't sit up there for the shows because it's hard to see anything.

Jump - Was wondering if the safe's were keypad or if you use a credit card? Also are there dryers in the cabins? We are in a inside cabin with bunk beds. Don't want to take one if we don't need it, just something else to pack.

Also was wondering how you remember everything about your cruise. Did you keep notes or something? I wouldn't have a clue what I ate on which night. I guess most of my problem is that I have too many Drinks of the Day before I eat. Remember I am on vacation and surely act like it...... LOL

After looking at your pictures of Key West I have never seen some of those statues before. Did you ever make it to the Southern Most Point? There isn't much to see except a large bouy thing for picture taking and of course lots of water.

Keep the review coming..... Thanks!

Thank you for this wonderful review, we're on the Fascination 2-21 and we can't wait, the pics are great, keep them coming.:)

I'm going to be on the Fascination 2-21 as well foxygrandma. First time cruiser, and I am getting excited!!

Hey All!

Waiting for more....... doesn't this give you fond memories of the anticipation waiting in line at the stores at Christmas time for the doors to open to get those great bargains??????

It does me. I'm waiting and hungry for more.

Jump - you out there in cyberspace??????

Just checking......

homeofthedogs -

I had to use a credit card to use the safe but it was very easy to do, just slide the card to lock and unlock (must be same card)

No hair dryers. We brought one along with a outlet strip because there was only one outlet. It helped us with all of our stuff including hair dryer, hair straightener, camera battery charger, cell phone chargers. I would definitely recommend bringing one.

I remember everything because I loved it so much! It was my first cruise in 8 years and one where I wasn't seasick so that helped. Also I kept all the Carnival Capers, I have my pictures, and I have a good memory when it comes to the good stuff.

Most of those statues are walking towards the Westin and near the trolley station. We never made it to the southernmost point and I was disappointed because I really wanted a picture with the buoy. I got back and saw other people's pictures and saw that they were repainting it and there were no words on it so that helped me recover. I also wanted to see the Butterfly museum but never made it to that either. Hey, it's an excuse for another trip there.

Day 4 - Nassau, Bahamas

We weren't going to be at the Bahamas until 12pm but I did wake up early to go to the gym. After the gym I went back to the room to wake up my sister and eat breakfast. We usually ordered a continental breakfast through room service the night before but this was our first time at breakfast in the dining room. They had some good options and I thought we should have taken advantage of this more often. We had breakfast one or two times on the lido deck because it lasted until 10:30am and was an ok snack between early breakfast and lunch but the buffet food was either lukewarm or cold and not many selections. I did order an vegetable omelet that was pretty good though.

CIMG0373.jpg

Us at breakfast

CIMG0374.jpg

Baked Apple - it was cold and not what we were expecting. We were expecting the apple slices with cinnamon on them. It was good and unusual.

CIMG0375.jpg

Belgian Waffles with Strawberries and Turkey Bacon - I thought there would be fresh strawberries and sauce on the waffles. The waffles were good but a slice was soggy.

CIMG0377.jpg

Pancakes, Hash Browns, and Chicken Sausage

CIMG0376.jpg

My sister did not like the sausage

CIMG0378.jpg

:DWhat a GREAT review!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. We have a group of about 12 going on the Fascination in August. We have all cruised before except my oldest son and his girlfriend. I am just hoping he gets his leave ( he is in the service) so they can go. This is our second try at him going. I will have to send his DGF over here so they can read this and see the wonderful pics. We are doing the Half Moon Cay route instead of Key West.

DH and I are going on our first cruise January 19th (that's 8 more days!!), and we're also sailing on the Fascination for the same itinerary. This review has got me so revved up, and I love the fact that I can look at the menus ahead of time to get an idea of when we'd want to eat in the dining room.

Awesome, awesome, awesome review! Thank you!! I CAN'T WAIT to be FASCINATED!!!

We weren't arriving in the Bahamas until noon so after breakfast we layed out on the Lido deck and tanned for awhile while looking at the gorgeous water off the Caribbean islands.

Pilot boat guiding us to Nassau

CIMG0380.jpg

CIMG0381.jpg

Atlantis in the background

CIMG0384.jpg

CIMG0385.jpg

CIMG0387.jpg

Glistening Caribbean Water

CIMG0388.jpg

Archived