San Juan hotels near the port for AOS

fungirl28

I'm sailing on AOS in 2010 and I'm looking for a hotel near the pier. I have heard that the Sheraton is near the pier but that closest to the Carnival terminal. Does anyone know which hotel is near the RCCL pier?

There aren't any hotels near the Pan Am Pier that RCCL uses. You would be better off choosing a hotel based on what you want to do in San Juan, not due to it's proximity to the pier. We stayed at the Sheraton so we could tour OSJ and it was great and only a short taxi ride to the pier.

We've stayed at the Sheraton several times (back when it was a Wyndham), and at the Stellaris on the Condado. Both are good hotels. We prefer the proximity of the Sheraton to everything we like to do in Old San Juan - you can walk everywhere (but the Pan Am Pier :D) from there. The Stellaris has a really nice beach area, if that's what you prefer. There are plenty of good restaurants within walking distance of both hotels.

There may be a new hotel at the convention center, which is fairly close to the Pan Am pier - I'll check when I'm in San Juan tomorrow and Friday before boarding Celebrity Summit, and post back when I return. If there is, though, it's not near anything but the convention center and the pier, and not near enough to the pier to walk - you'd still need a taxi.

Back when we were staying at the Wyndham, RCCL was porting in OSJ, and we could easily walk across the street to the pier in the morning and embark. I miss those days!

Archived