Grand Suite Radiance 1060, 1554 or 1556 on Hump?

my2swedes

We're first-time cruisers, and we've reserved Grand Suite 1060 on the Radiance for our first Caribbean Cruise. We'll be accompanied by our 3 year old and 1 year old children, and don't like "roughing it" in cramped quarters, so we've decided to travel in luxury in a Grand Suite on our first cruise! We can't wait!

Even after searching the board archives, we're still debating our cabin choice and wanted to get feedback from you experienced cruisers as to which would be the best grand suite for us, because 1554 and 1556 are still available for our cruise, and we're sorely tempted to take one of those instead!

We'll be spending a fair amount of time in our cabin and on our balcony during the kiddos' naps and if they are acting at all fussy (our kids are pretty happy, well-behaved kids, but they have their moments, and we remove them from polite company when they do).

We chose 1060 because it's the suite directly behind the hump with the huge balcony, and we wanted a larger balcony. We also thought the elevator wall might protect the balcony from the wind on sea days. We're wondering, though, if we're going to be bothered by noise for the Windjammer outside dining that is directly above that cabin? Also, any idea how much darker and less sunny 1060 would be compared to 1554/1556 because of the huge overhand over the 1060 balcony? Will it be less windy than 1554/1556?

I've read the raves that people have posted about 1554, and it sounds like a beautiful suite, but it's right on the hump. How windy is the balcony? The balcony doesn't seem that much bigger than the nonhump grand suites...is it? Is it really larger than the other grand suites? Is it set up differently? How much larger, and how does the set-up differ?

We'd appreciate any information or advice that you could provide about these suites! Are there any other things that we should consider when choosing our cabin? Also, do any of you have pictures of 1060? I've seen photos of 1554, but not 1556 or 1060.

Thanks,

Pam

Have stayed in 1566 twice on Brilliance,have had friends in 1060 and have 1060 booked for February. I would say stick with 1060..... so much space for the children on the h-u-g-e balcony.....a lot more space than the balcony of 1566. I could probably find some pictures of both those cabins/balconies. One area,though,where 1566 scores is that it has a wall-to-wall sliding glass door leading on to the balcony.

Archived