transport from Santiago to Valparaiso port

cheltx

Arriving Santiago one day early and seeing the city. What's the best way to get from Santiago (hotel is in Providencia area) to port in Valparaiso? Princess offers transport for $60, but you have to go to the airport if you're not staying in one of their hotels.

How long does the drive between Valparaiso and Santiago (we are going to the airport) take please?

We have 3.5 hours between disembarking and check-in for our flight, and I don't know if we would have time to stop anywhere on the way.

I have emailed www.enaturchile.com twice and they have not replied - can anyone recommend another company for private transfers ?

How long does the drive between Valparaiso and Santiago (we are going to the airport) take please?

We have 3.5 hours between disembarking and check-in for our flight, and I don't know if we would have time to stop anywhere on the way.

I have emailed www.enaturchile.com twice and they have not replied - can anyone recommend another company for private transfers ?

It's about 90 minutes between Valpo and Santiago. We stayed in Valpo for three nights post-cruise last year and made the trip several times. If you have allowed ample time for check-in, you would have time for a stop.

We used Christian at christianroymx@hotmail.com for tours and transfers in the area. We were highly satisfied, and those on this board who have used him this year have been pleased.

We booked a transfer with hector of private tours from the airport to Valpo. Unfortunately because of snow in Chicago, we missed our Miami connection and were held in FL for one day. It took several hours for AA to re-book 40 of us, so we got back to the hotel around 2am (5 am in Chile) and I immediately emailed Hector hoping he would read it the next morning before he left to meet us at 10.

He did not. And he was very upset with me because he said he rented a car and a driver and wanted me now to pay for two transfers. He had someone meet us the next day, but they put a lot of pressure on us to pay more than we contracted for. We finally did, but not double. He is still sending nasty emails.

If the transfers are not tour companies that can handle changes or cancellations easily, I won't use them again. Our ship never made the Falklands and Patrick Watts was very cool about it. That's professionalism.

Booked with Rutachile, last April, got all the trasfer coupons, in December the other couple that was going with us dropped out do to extreme medical problem. I Emailed them 4 seperate e-mail in English and Spanish, to give me the price for 2 people instead of four for the transfer. Did not receive any reply after 4 weeks. I sent him another 2 e-mails in English and in Spanish to cancel my transfer and went with Princess transfer. I don't know why they do not answer, had the same problem with tour companies in some of the ports we are going to. Some answered right away and others, days or weeks later and some not at all. I guess they are all millionairs. Did not have this problem in the past two repositioning cruise we took down to SA, from Ft Lauderdale to Valperiaso. I guess that Northern SA companies are more customer friendly.

Just my 2 cent rant for everybodies info.

You have absolutely NO time to do anything except get your behinds to the airport as rapidly as possible. In fact, you may not make your flight, sorry to tell you.

It is a 90 minute drive AT LEAST from the ship to the airport. Will the ship arrive on time?? Will you be the first off??? Will immigration clear the ship in a timely manner??? Will someone have something in their suitcase (like fruit specifically) that backs up the agriculture line.

Better hire a private car that can get you there VERY rapidly. Santiago airport can be a total zoo. And they REALLY like you to check in 3 hours pre flight for international flights. Do you know if the international departure tax is included in your ticket???? If it is not, you will have to stand in an additional line to pay the departure tax.

You have REALLY cut it close. Please have all your ducks in a row, know EXACTLY how all the processes work-like airport departure tax, where your gate is, how you are going to get everyplace in the airport as well as how you are going to get from Valpo to Santiago. Study the airport map, know the road, find a reputable driver. If you don't, you MAY be spending the night in Santiago and hassling with the airlines to get home. Good luck!!!!

Archived